jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does the number of friends you have correlate to the impressions per day you hav

1. Amaya Itou profile image61
    Amaya Itouposted 6 years ago

Does the number of friends you have correlate to the impressions per day you have?

As you have gained new followers, has you page impressions increased with this or not?  Curious if hub followers mean more views or if people are just following to be followed.

2. arizonataylor profile image82
    arizonataylorposted 6 years ago

It probably has more to do with quality than quantitiy.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Honestly I think it ‘s a combination of things.
    If your hub is really good it may placed in the “featured articles” section.
    I have had that happen a couple of times.
    You see these when you click on Hubs at the top of the page (in black background) and then select a topic in the right column.  On the right side of the page you’ll see a slide show of hubs flash through.
    On the left side there will be a list of hubs for the category based (hot, best, latest…etc)
    A featured hub can get hundreds to thousands of views in a very short time.
    Certain categories are more popular than others.
    For instance “Gender Relations” is likely to get more hits than “Politics”

Sometimes if your category is “too defined” you may just want to edit it and have the basic category it falls under. For example instead of  gender relations-relationship advice for men –marriage…etc You may want to just change it to “gender relations”.
    Other times it’s the opposite. The more specific the easier it is to find your hub for the person who interested in your subject.

Writing questions, answering questions, and leaving comments on people’s hubs can cause others to view your profile. If one of your hub titles catches their eye they’ll click on it to read.

If you have a lot of friends on Facebook you may from time to time use the “like” feature on one of your hubs so that it appears on your event page. Some writers do a great job of promoting themselves and their hubs. They send links of their new articles to everyone.

You can use certain popular key words that people are likely to use when doing google searches.

As for a correlation between your “followers” on hub pages and the number of views you get….etc I’m certain it can’t hurt. However I suspect there are a lot of “followers” who aren’t (really) following. Any person who is following 500, 700, or 1000 hubbers is probably using the delete button a lot when they get email notifications.
    There is no way you could possibly read that many writers' material on a daily basis!

I’ve seen people who have been on Hubpages for just 3 weeks with only 1 hub and have 400 followers! Clearly all they have done is “followed” several hundred people who in turned signed up to follow them!

I say be true to yourself and write quality hubs about things that interest you.
    Slowly but surly your hub score will rise as well as your number of views.
    Hopefully some of your “followers” will actually follow you to see what you’re writing!

4. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

No I just like to think that though.                            .