jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How long were you a member of Hubpages before you got serious with earning money

1. amurbach profile image83
    amurbachposted 6 years ago

How long were you a member of Hubpages before you got serious with earning money?

Me, about 10 months...so technically I've only been trying for a little less than 2 months.

2. Bretsuki profile image76
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

Hello amurbach, I suppose you might say I have never really become serious about HubPages as a means of earning money.

It is nice to earn a residual income, don't get me wrong, but it is not my only source of income. I have a couple of part time jobs and so look on this as a cash paying hobby.

I define it as a hobby not as a means of deprecation.but because though I might spend several hours a week writing a hub or answering questions, much the greater part of HubPages for me is the social aspect, reading questions such as this, answering, commenting on hubs, following people who I have come to look forward to reading and telling them how much I enjoy their hubs.

It is also fun learning and sharing new things. Maybe I may become serious one day, but after twenty one months, I still love the parts of the day I come to HubPages.

Thanks for asking this question.

3. J.S.Matthew profile image82
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Well, I joined about 2 years ago, wrote some mediocre Hubs and took a few months doing nothing. Then after a brief stint away, I checked my earnings and I was making a little bit of money! That's when I started getting serious. What really turned my attitude around was when I attended HubCamp Boston! (Check out my Hub!) I went back and fixed and tweaked my Hubs and started writing more aggressively. I have seen a great increase in traffic and money since then!

JSMatthew~

4. Phil Plasma profile image76
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

I'm only in by about a week and am hoping to earn some money.  So far just pennies, but I'm still getting the hang of it.

5. Fotographer profile image56
    Fotographerposted 6 years ago

I was serious right from the beginning. And right now I am trying my luck with RitePad.

working