Seriously need to start earning money on hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Doky profile image32
    Dokyposted 14 years ago

am i wasting my time?

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've only joined 18 hours ago. I think you need to write  few more hubs, plug them around the internet, wait for traffic, eventually they may be money in it.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Doing what you are doing - yes - you are wasting your time.

3. MyWebs profile image78
      MyWebsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes if you expect to get rich quick here.
      Better plan: Stay up real late tonight and watch infomercials on TV. Pick the one that sounds too good to be true then buy not one, but three of the products. Now you will get rich 3 times faster!!!

1. AllanWrites profile image61
        AllanWritesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha

4. darkside profile image69
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes you are.

If you're that impatient then you'll probably resort to spamming and click fraud before the week is out.

5. ruanz3 profile image59
      ruanz3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, i think you are wasting your time. If that is the way you think.

6. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you get what you put in
      and it does take some time
      if you realy want it, dont give up and keep trying, read, research etc.

if you want a million in a week, maybe try being a stripper?

7. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, if you mean you need to start earning money NOW.  Making money online isn't instant - it takes months to build up your web presence before the money starts flowing in.  There's a big learning curve to doing it successfully, too. 

If you write good Hubs today, you can look forward to them earning their keep over the next year or two.  Right now you're not writing good Hubs, so you need to learn how to do that first.

But if you need immediate funds, you need to look for other solutions - writing on HubPages or running your own websites are long-term strategies.

8. Don Simkovich profile image60
      Don Simkovichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One of my best earning Hubs took 8 months to start earning in Google and generating traffic. Doesn't mean you have to. You'd have to write 2 to 3 Hubs per day, grouped around similar themes and focused on product reviews and good how-to info people are searching for.

It will take about 3 weeks to 5 weeks to start ranking in the search engines and you'll probably start earning on Google after 50 Hubs.

Write one good Hub a day and then write also on a site that pays upfront for articles. But you better learn to write quickly.

9. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You might be better getting a proper job with hourly rates etc.  This is not a get rich quick scheme... but if it is, let me know! lol x

10. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dear Doky,
      I don't know if you are still around but writing book reviews and trying to teach people how to make money in 400 words or less isn't going to work here. Either get a regular job as Shaz says, or read some hubs by Hubbers who make bank, such as Nelle Hoxie.

I will get the thread. This is after a year, $1000 per month.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/38215#post877695

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And remember Nelle has been an internet marketeer for a number of years with high level qualifications.  She really knows what she is doing!!!  Even she says that you have to be better than the best at all times, despite the competition always biting at your heels!

Patience and learning... you have to put in 10 times the work to get 1 reward.  It is a hard task, but if you like writing, you will sacrifice for your art! x

2. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37033#top just thoght this might help

3. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

You've got to wait several weeks or even months to measure your traffic results here at Hubpages, get busy writing hubpages and leave the forum for religious debate and time wasting stuff like that, have fun!

4. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Interesting that the person who has posted this has written on developing entrepreneurial ability and on how to make money online.
    With titles like that he should be able to answer his own question.  He also wrote about how to grow marajuana and protecting it from "law enforcement freaks".

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol...a Jack of all trades!

2. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just read his profile as well. It should serve as a warning to others, to take advice on making money online only from trusted sources, who have actually made money and know what they are doing.

3. Lynda Gary profile image60
      Lynda Garyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seriously!?  (About the how-to hub topic, not about the marijuana)

I mean, I can understand this guys question / concern, wondering if he's starting something that might not bring "immediate" economic reward -- so he's just checking with others to see how likely it is that he'll be able to make money here.  But, given what you've said that he posted a how-to on making money online ...  Wow.  I"m flabergasted (sp?)

5. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

He has four steps in his "gardening" hub (which is for educational purposes only), but two of the steps are exactly the same.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is nothing wrong with growing marijuana - they make beautiful plants, and it is legal to grow them in some countries, so long as it for your own use.
      There is also nothing wrong in writing how to grow them, so long as the writer makes it clear it is for educational purpose only where growing cannabis is illegal.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At least he is taking some advice-- there's now only three steps. Sprout seeds. Prepare soil. Plant.

6. Donnacha C profile image72
    Donnacha Cposted 14 years ago

in my opinion the whole question is just wrong. Nobody should come to hubpages with a view of making quick money. I`ve joined 3 weeks ago and I`m realy enjoying the experience and making money out of it maybe some day would be an added bonus. For me getting people to check out my articles, getting good constructive comments would be a great achievement. I`d like to grow first then make money out of it. Maybe I`m lucky that I have a steady job to pay the bills and hubpages is a very good hobby right now.

1. Lynda Gary profile image60

I have to differ with you, Donna...
      I came here with the intention of making "quick money."  The hubber I followed here posted elsewhere about the oodles of money that one can earn here "quickly."  Misleading, to say the least.  BUT, now that I'm here and enjoying it, and now that I know you CANNOT make much money without (likely) years of investment, I am no longer here for that purpose.  But it WAS my original intention -- as I suppose it is for MANY who join.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

On any site that offers commissions for referrals, it's inevitable there will be some idiots who are willing to lie to get sign-ups.  I'm sorry you got sucked in.

However, you can make money on HubPages and more easily than on your own website (unless you're already a seasoned SEO expert).  Look at Nelle Hoxie.  I'm collecting $100 a month for doing almost no work (over the last two years, I've written about one Hub a fortnight - the only reason I have over 100 now, is that I'm writing daily for the contest).

It takes time and for the first few months you'll earn almost nothing, but it does grow exponentially after that.

7. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Yes Hubpages works for me, I know that it's going to take time, effort and work. But I really enjoy it here and I think it helps to be realistic. smile

8. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

even if you did succeed in quickly making tons of money, the majority of publisher networks that you may partner with have minimum payout levels and net 30 or net 60 payout structures that are processed only at specific dates each month.

As a brand new hubpages user/ or affiliate marketer i wouldnt expect to have access/ cash in hand to any earnings for a minimum of 90 days.

9. Greek One profile image61
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

what????

I thought this was a dating site????

LMAO

2. Mutiny92 profile image64
      Mutiny92posted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is funny!  I tried to load hubpages from my work, and it said "prohibited -this is a dating site".  I am still trying to figure that one out.

10. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

If you really want to make money, do this:

1)  start a website of your own.  It will take 4 sites if you want to earn a million bucks a year.

2)  write an ebook.  Lots of people buy those!  And a 20 page book is all you need to write.  That's all!

3)  sell leads to other companies.  At $50 a pop, you'll be rich in no time!

Source: How To Make Money Online, by Doky: http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-mon … -explained

1. Bill Manning profile image67
      Bill Manningposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, how come he wants to make money on hubpages if he's already making a million with his own websites? I guess even if your a millionaire a few extra bucks here and there helps,,,,,,,

11. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I am amazed that the OP's hub on an illegal activity is still up. Seems the HP rules differ from one individual to another. And, yes, I did flag the hub.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did too-- even though it isn't illegal everywhere. I thought the emphasis was on hiding it from the law, rather than the gardening tips-- which could apply to parsley and tomatoes.
      OK "whatever", as they say.

I looked at the pot-post, and even posted a comment (couldn't resist).  I am surprised, actually, how much this issue is pushing my buttons.  Really out of character for me to post something sarcastic and/or obviously highly critical. 

The pot-post was anything BUT a description of how to grow marijuana.  Like his other hubs, there just doesn't seem to be any first hand or researched knowledge about the subject matter -- and/or he hasn't taken the necessary time to write in a way that shows he cares.  And then he doesn't understand why he hasn't made a fortune?

Ditta, Rochelle.  "Whatever."

1. Haunty profile image72
          Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you are absolutely right.

I'm guessing it would be fun to read his ebooks.

12. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

You need to be patient, consistent, and put a lot of time and effort into your work. If you do that, yeah it pays off cash wise.

13. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

So, what are we doing here: growing ma... parsley or wasting time? I've got confused,sorry.

14. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

I don't post much on here anymore because frankly, I'm too busy making money with my own websites. If you are trying to find a way to make money online, hubpages is not it.

Yes you can make money on hubpages. You also can make money collecting bottles on the side of the road, but most would agree that you can make more faster doing something else.

Only make hubs if you primary want to write and enjoy doing it. If money is all your after, which frankly is my case, then make your own website/websites and learn a LOT about marketing.

Of course if you really need fast money, get a regular job. The fastest way to make money online is write articles or blog post for others and get paid for the actual article.

There, now I'm off again,,,, be back in a few days!   smile

1. wyanjen profile image72
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi and Bye then Bill
      Grab yourself some Dunkin Donuts coffee and get yourself to work wink

1. Bill Manning profile image67
        Bill Manningposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HI there Wyanjen! smile

Yeah I drink plenty of that D&D coffee, got a new steaming cup right besides me now! How is everything going with you?

15. Leptirela profile image76
    Leptirelaposted 13 years ago

I think some of just want to write forgetting about the 'earn'.. Hmm

16. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

I'm excited because I made nearly $4 on Google Adsense today for the first time. That's on the heels of making $ 9 in the past week. And I've been here for 2 years. But now, I expect to start earning more than $ 100 per month with Google Adsense starting in June '10 perhaps even more.

Amazon is taking me much longer.

One of the reasons it takes a while to start earning consistently is because one Hub of mine took 8 months to generate search engine traffic. But once it did, I started earning from it consistently and as of last week several more of my Hubs are beginning to outearn.

If you need to make money from Hubpages in the next 30 days then choose one focused niche like pet toys . . . write 30 Hubs on that one topic and make each one from 500 words to 1,000 words.

Honestly, it will start taking another 30 to 60 days to begin earning much from the Google ads. I chose a highly competitive niche by the way -- small business -- for most of my Hubs. But no one ever accused me of doing things the easy way.

17. nkrohini profile image71
    nkrohiniposted 13 years ago

Hi,I'm one year old in hubpages and has not succeeded to earn anything.Can someone help me monetise my hubpages?

Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)