jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has Writing A Hub Ever Changed Your View On Something?

1. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Has Writing A Hub Ever Changed Your View On Something?

As you learned more about a topic while researching material for a Hub, did it ever affect your personal view on a particular subject as you became more informed about it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5239867_f260.jpg

2. MPChris profile image80
    MPChrisposted 6 years ago

For me, no. Frankly, its hard to believe that anyone would change what they think through reading or writing what they want. In these ways we reinforce our existing beliefs.

I've found that my opinion changes, and my mind opens, only when I'm forced to read or write things I don't want to.

3. Extinct Soul profile image58
    Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago

It's a yes for me, though I don't know if my answer will qualify cause I don't write info hubs. I use to write poems. ^_^ Marinating deeply on the emotions I have while writing my hubs helped me change my viewpoint about certain things.

4. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

Yes.  It was a factual article, and during the research I found out that one of the preconcieved ideas I'd had was actually wrong.  (This is why I always check facts carefully & do research before writing & publishing a hub!)  It was quite interesting for me personally, because I found out something I hadn't previously known about search engines, which in turn helped not just the article I was writing, but myself personally as a writer.

working