jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What accounts to quality in relation to hub for you.

1. wendi_w profile image77
    wendi_wposted 6 years ago

What accounts to quality in relation to hub for you.

When it comes to a quality hub do you judge more on content, format, or grammar and punctuation?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5252697_f260.jpg

2. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Content is at the top of the list, but grammar, punctuation and format are all important components. Any of those three can be so bad that they can negate the quality of the content.

Using poor grammar, punctuation and format when building a hub is like being a craftsman trying to build a cabinet using unsharpened tools of poor quality. Even if the materials and design of of the piece is good, it will not turn out well. The parts wont fit together well, the finish will be uneven and the details won't be sharp.

3. lisabeaman profile image81
    lisabeamanposted 6 years ago

For me... it's really a combination of all of those things. Content is first and foremost, but grammar and punctuation are important aspects of content. Good content relies on proper grammar and punctuation. Formatting is what makes good content shine and give it that real sense of quality.

I've seen many hubs that have great content but poor formatting. Those aren't nearly as bad, however, as those with great formatting and poor content.

4. wendi_w profile image77
    wendi_wposted 6 years ago

I love both these answers and you make great points. I worry so much about the grammar and punctuation of my hubs given I am more than a few years beyond high school english.

5. MichaelStonehill profile image59
    MichaelStonehillposted 6 years ago

I think that a good hub has to be original and profound. Thus, by only sharing information or expressing personal taste or repeating ideas of other persons, even if many pesrons love hubs of such a content, the medium of the internet becomes like a shadow of real writing. It is indeed a great challenge to write well on the internet. I think that we all need to be more patient in writing as well as in reading.

6. Monisajda profile image73
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

I believe that bad grammar, punctuation and format can obscure even the best thought out content although I always look for originality. There are tons of well written articles on Internet but only few have something special that makes them stand out. In my opinion, what makes them unique is a particular writing style, it is spirited or very eloquent, elegant or poetic. I love that. I love reading other people's hubs or articles that have this rich, exuberant and sophisticated style.

working