jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the flag button for?

1. hungrymouse profile image55
    hungrymouseposted 6 years ago

What is the flag button for?

I have noticed in the articles and profiles a button labeled 'FLAG'.

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

the flag button is for hubs and hubbers that need to be reported to the HP staff  for spamming, or using hate speech, or  any other violation.  This notifies the staff and the hub or hubber is reviewed.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

If you see something that looks like extremely poor quality or spam - you should flag it so that moderators can review it and see whether or not it belongs on this website.

Some of us try very hard to create very high quality material here - and if you, personally, wish to make money on this website - then you should also participate in "emptying the trash."

4. Phil Plasma profile image77
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

Like the others have stated, if you find a hub that think shouldn't be a hub for any of the reasons provided when you click the Flag button, click the Flag button and flag it.

I often read the latest hubs published and I probably flag about one out of every fifteen hubs I read as new hubbers who post their first hub may not know about the rules, or have very poor writing quality due to English not being their second language, or using too much texting language.

5. greenlivingideas profile image36
    greenlivingideasposted 6 years ago

For reporting someone or a hub if it violates HP's terms. It's the same as with the other forums have.

6. jacqui2011 profile image85
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

It is used to bring to the attention of the moderaters something which you feel violates the hubpages terms and conditions. I hop hubs every other day and out of every 18 or so I read, I flag one on average. Once you click the "flag" button there are a list of options to choose from. It could be very bad grammar, not written in English, poor writing, overly promotional etc. Once flagged, the moderaters will review it.

working