jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you could change one thing about HubPages, what would it be?

1. .josh. profile image60
    .josh.posted 6 years ago

If you could change one thing about HubPages, what would it be?

Clearly, we're all pretty fond of it over here, but I suspect most have a couple things they would change if they could - if you could change just one thing about HubPages, what would it be?

(Additions to HP would also be acceptable.)

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5316219_f260.jpg

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I would implement a "proving ground" for new comers similar to what Info Barrel does - you have to publish at least ten good articles there that have been read and approved by a moderator before you get "free publishing reign."

Also, I'd sort of like to have a bit of advancement so far as the page layout is designed.  I'm not fond of the all white backdrop to everything.  I'd prefer some basic background design and color options - I do realize, however, that perhaps there is some sort of psychological testing that is in effect. . .so far as advancing the degree of notice-ability of our adverts. . .

3. Phil Plasma profile image76
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

In the polls I'd like to have an option where you could have the ability to allow the reader to select more than one thing, so either have the poll as it is now, or have it allow more than one selection.

4. Pamela N Red profile image85
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

I wish we could see the source for our views. Blogger has a "stats" function that lets you see where your traffic is coming from.

It's helpful to know what marketing tools are working and what is not.

5. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

There are several things that I would like to improve.

When someone needs to contact a fellow hubber, instead of sending an email, there should be an inbox where messages can be left for us.

I also would like to see how many votes up or downs I get form my hubs, this ratio will give me an idea if my hub was good, very good or great.

Other than just publishing our hubs HP could help us link to publishers by having a marketing team for those hubbers who meat a certain criteria. In other words they could be our agent.

6. .josh. profile image60
    .josh.posted 6 years ago

@Pamela: there is a 'Traffic Sources' option under the Hubs menu in 'My Account.' I find that between using that, Google Analytics, and creating different referral trackers for different sites I create backlinks on (e.g., one for Twitter, one for Facebook, one for forums, etc.), I have a pretty good idea of where my traffic's coming from. I haven't used Blogger though, so perhaps it's able to provide more detailed info.

This is fairly petty, but one thing I'd change is to make it easier for us to look up our previous answers to questions (maybe a 'My Answers' page) - there are some I've responded to that would be great inspiration for a later hub, or ideas that later come back to me, and I'd like to remember a part of the discussion, but it's virtually impossible to locate. (I am fairly new, however, so maybe there is a solution to this that I'm not yet aware of.)

7. profile image0
    Suramya.Kposted 6 years ago

Obviously I would like to have an alternative payment option apart from PayPal added. Please read my hub as an answer to this question (and a comment would be appreciated!!).

Other than this, I support the answer from WTShaw about the proving grounds. I recently flagged a business promotion hub and it was unpublished within a day. This makes sense why Panda hit us so hard.

working