jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you feel like writing every day and yet end up not writing a hub?

1. K Kiss profile image82
    K Kissposted 6 years ago

Do you feel like writing every day and yet end up not writing a hub?

For the past couple of weeks I have been waking up in the morning all ready to write a hub. Yet I ended up writing nothing. Is this the writer's block? How can I over come this problem. How are you dealing with your writing urges?

2. stuff4you profile image65
    stuff4youposted 6 years ago

I can relate to this to, in fact most days I experience this problem.

lots of distractions keeping me from solving this problem, for now

3. Dexter Yarbrough profile image82
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

Yep. I go through this often. I didn't write a hub for 1 month. It was mainly due to other issues going on. It will come back to you like it will for me.

4. Dr Kavita Shaikh profile image59
    Dr Kavita Shaikhposted 6 years ago

It happens to both newbie hubbers and oldies as well. I have been through this 'unproductive phase' a lot many times during my freelance writing career, while blogging for my own blog and now since I joined HubPages a week back.

I follow different methods to deal with each of these 3 different situations. 

1) In my freelancing, I just remind myself about the deadline of the project promised to the client  and the perils of  sending in late work (there is a risk of not getting paid for all the hard work if it is turned in late, and sometimes the client pays but leaves negative feedback that can mar your reputation as a freelancer)

2) When I am procastinating on my blog, I remind myself of the expectations that my regular readers have of me and it pushes me to start writing.

3) As for HubPages, I keep reminding myself how badly I want to see my score shining at 100 and I start writing.