jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Writing hubs vs paid article submission?

1. Albert C Servin profile image58
    Albert C Servinposted 6 years ago

Writing hubs vs paid article submission?

is the avg monthly income for 100 hubs worth it  or should I go to content writing sites that pay per article?

2. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 6 years ago

Honestly, if you're looking for a quick form of income, go to the pay per article sites. It's a guaranteed income. Here at HubPages, nothing is guaranteed. But keep in mind that the potential for earnings is much greater here. If your work becomes popular, there is no limit to how much you can earn per Hub. One million views on a Hub can equal up to or more than $1000. You would never receive that type of compensation on pay per article sites for one single article.

3. danfresnourban profile image64
    danfresnourbanposted 6 years ago

The answer to this question depends. I will tell you that I earned about $100 in a week writing about 15 hours for Textbroker. The problem is that is not enough money and there is no more money coming in. For the same amount of effort on Hub Pages I expect to earn much more on hub pages, however it will take time.

The important thing with hub pages is to write great content. Good luck.

4. remaniki profile image80
    remanikiposted 6 years ago

I have not been a very active hubber mainly because I spend most of my time writing content for clients. I haven't made much headway here as far as earnings are concerned, so am not very sure if my response is right.

In my opinion, when you write for content writing sites, you earn a fixed income, at least you know how many articles you are likely to write in a month. But a steady income on hubpages depends on several factors like good content, traffic and clicks. Of course, patience and perseverance are key to success here.

I don't think that you can compare the income from 100 hubs to that from content writing. Hubs will fetch you a good income in the long run whereas once you start working as a content writer, you can make money immediately.

5. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

If you can find sites that pay you $30 or $40 per article, go there.  Otherwise, your articles have greater earning potential here.

However, bear in mind that it takes several weeks for articles to even start earning on HubPages.  So if you need money right now, pay per article is the only way to go.  If you can take the long view, then HP is a good option - but what you write today will earn you good money in 12 months time, not today