Is time a factor in increasing your traffic and earnings with hubpages?

1. Skylar Spring profile image73
    Skylar Springposted 6 years ago

Is time a factor in increasing your traffic and earnings with hubpages?

Now don't get me wrong, I love writing more than money. But having a baby on the way means money is kind of important at the moment and being in college still means only my husband can work. Now I've done all the tips I've read about such as keyword research, backlinking, etc. Neither my traffic nor my earnings have increased much. So the only thing I can think is that time is the biggest factor in traffic and earnings. Is that true?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is time for me; and it's time for you too!  Google simply does NOT favor a hub until it is six to eight months old, Google does often favor "new material" as well - so what is best, I think, is to wait until a hub hits it's prime, and then change the capsules around a bit, add new pictures, a few lines of text, etc, etc, etc - so that then a hub is both new for the new content, and old because of it's older publication date.

Try it, it works!

3. Oddity profile image75
    Oddityposted 6 years ago

Search engine rankings are a combination of many things like keyword selection and age. A fresh hub published today may take a day, weeks and even months to slowly climb to the top and that's still not guaranteed. The best thing you could probably do, in the meantime, is to keep at it and share your hubs on social media websites like Twitter and Facebook to bring in traffic smile