What do you do when Hubpages claims that your hub is a substandard duplicate?

1. GameMaster13 profile image61
    GameMaster13posted 6 years ago

What do you do when Hubpages claims that your hub is a substandard duplicate?

Recently Hubpages claimed two of my hubs were substandard duplicates. I understand what it means, as I did research. However, I did not copy or spin anything in the hubs. They were simple game reviews of games I have played and enjoyed. I'm positive the spelling and grammar in both hubs were up to par as I proofread them and had someone else proofread them. I emailed hubpages in regard to the matter but haven't heard anything just yet. But I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the matter? I'm still new to hubpages and I don't quite know what to do in this situation.

2. ThoughtSandwiches profile image82
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

Hi GameMaster...I am also fairly new and so my information may prove unequal to the task...but here ya go...I don't know.  I warned you.
    I do know that one of my hubs was published and I then received a message saying it was too commercial.  I managed to "un-blue" (yeah...I'm not too technical) a couple of links in the story and the problem went away.  I am sorry I can't be more helpful in this regard. 
    That being said, I would suggest that while your inquiry is working it's way through the bureaucratic shuffle of hub-ville...just write some more hubs!  Come on...you know you want to anyway!  Good luck!

3. Kimberly Turner profile image79
    Kimberly Turnerposted 6 years ago

It just basically means that large portion of your hubs was found on other material on the Internet. I would say just to add more of your voice into the material. Make sure you have more of a stand or difference that makes your piece unique. Hope this helps!

working