jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How long did it take you to stop checking for activity every half hour?

1. Cookinmom11 profile image61
    Cookinmom11posted 6 years ago

How long did it take you to stop checking for activity every half hour?

I find myself coming back here, even more often than Facebook. smile  How long does it take for the new to wear off?

2. thejeffriestube profile image75
    thejeffriestubeposted 6 years ago

After about 2 weeks, after listening to way more experienced hubbers, that the key is to just keep writing, and worry about the stats less than what new topic you can write about. Well, that's how it worked for me.

3. profile image0
    michaelbt2posted 6 years ago

Almost immediately. When I realized that published articles receive an almost random score, I knew the scoring system was a little flaky. And, there is little reason for a score to fluctuate 5-6 points within hours without any change in your Hubs/content.

4. K Kiss profile image79
    K Kissposted 6 years ago

Dear Cookinmom, I have been on hubpages for 22 months and I wrote over 40 hubs. Even today after publishing my 41st hub, I am sticking around hubpages to see the stat every now and then. So you got your answer there, you can stop only when you can stop. My time still hasn't come.
    Do stop by my new hubs on the reasons why I go back to retro music. Read, rate, comment. Cheers. Happy hubbing

5. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

I have been here 6 months, 90+ hubs and the new has not worn off. It is especially like that when you publish something new or when you have a popular hub that have been getting quite a lot of comments.

There are days when nothing seem to happen and the disappointment sink in and you check each of your hub stats to see if any one is reading your hub. You edit, add pictures, tweet and do everything in your power to get your hub noticed.

HP is like a drug, once you get a taste of it you can never go back.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

I generally check my hubpage profile once per day to see if there are any new comments and to look at the stats. I feel that checking it any more frequently won't really show much difference in the numbers. This way I get an idea for how well everything performed over the last 24 hours. It isn't a necessity, but every once and a while you might find a surprising statistic. For example, I had never used reddit before, then one day I mysteriously had like 100 clicks from that page in a single day. So it's always fun to see something like that.

working