jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

On average, how long does it take you to write a hub?

1. Seckin Esen profile image90
    Seckin Esenposted 4 years ago

On average, how long does it take you to write a hub?

2. profile image95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

It takes me 2 - 6 hours to write a hub, depending on how well I know the subject before hand. I usually spend an hour at least uploading and publishing it.

3. cygnetbrown profile image85
    cygnetbrownposted 4 years ago

About two hours on subjects that I don't need to do much research on.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Depends on the topic and how much "prep time" I have beforehand. I've got Hubs that took me a couple of days to finish and others that I banged out in just an hour or two. (I like those better because it means I can publish 'em and move on to another one...haha)

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I would say my average is about three to four hours. I typically take two hours to organize the information and do the actual writing. Add 45 minutes to an hour if I need to go in search of graphics or videos. Then I take my time proofreading and editing and that adds between a half to one hour.

6. THarman7 profile image60
    THarman7posted 4 years ago

It takes me  at least 4 hours sometimes more. Im always reading and re-reading and changing different sections around. I sometimes switch the titles and I down load pictures and then figure out which ones work and which do not. It really does take some work to have a good hub.

7. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 4 years ago

On average it takes me 3-4 hours to write a hub.  I have written a few in as little as 2 hours and some have taken me as long as 10 hours.

8. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 4 years ago

It *was* about two hours, but now I'm trying to update my hubs according to more recent suggestions, and the UPDATES can take 3-5 hours per hub. I try to do one every day of the work week -- if I can keep up with that, they'll all (including those currently unpublished) be up to snuff in about....two years tongue. From the ground up, 3-6 is fairly common for me.

9. deecoleworld profile image82
    deecoleworldposted 4 years ago

2-6 hours, (or over a couple of days). Sometimes I start a hub and go back to it, for a couple of days. Sometimes I write it straight through. Depends. Usually there are distractions around me so its take longer than it should (in my opinion) ....... how long does it take you?