jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What do I need to write to have followers?

1. Aki Macropoulos profile image61
    Aki Macropoulosposted 6 years ago

What do I need to write to have followers?

What should be the "Thema" of my next hub to get some followers?

2. kathryn1000 profile image60
    kathryn1000posted 6 years ago

Write something educational but humorous too

3. hardlymoving profile image97
    hardlymovingposted 6 years ago

I really don't care if I have a lot of followers.  I believe one should focus on articles that will generated lots of 'hits' from Google search engine users.  That will drive readers to your article.

If you desire continuous visits to your articles years down the road after publication, write DIY (Do It Yourself) how-to articles.  Many people want to learn and do things themselves as well as save money at the same time. 

DIY articles must be very detailed with lots of edited photos.  For example, my DIY on a Toyota Camry Timing Belt Replacement DIY averages over 100 visits EVERY DAY from all over the world.  And the link to that article appears on page 1 from a Google seach.

Hope this was helpful.  Good Luck.

4. Aki Macropoulos profile image61
    Aki Macropoulosposted 6 years ago

Thank you both for your answers.
    The wish for followers is not to verify my "ego".
    Just because I am very sensitive in vehicle passive and active safety I like people to read my Hubs. The safety of a car (passenger or commercial) will save lifes.

5. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 6 years ago

If you want followers, you must take an interest in the other hubbers. Read various hubs, leave comments and follow those hubbers you like. Many will follow you in return.
    Just don't follow people without reading their hubs - read a hub I wrote called How New Hubbers Ruin Their Hubscore

6. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Based on the hubs you have written so far, I would say they only appeal to a very small percentage of readers. It is not because they are bad, but more because few people have the technical know how or the inclination to do these sort of  adjustments, themselves.
    You wrote that you are interested in the history and philosophy of technology and science. I think you might draw more readers in if you talk about the history or development of inventions.. or about scientists and inventors, since a lot of people are interested in history and innovation.
    It takes awhile for anyone to start getting readers. Follow some of the suggestions others have given and keep trying. It will get better.

7. OldSkoolFool profile image59
    OldSkoolFoolposted 6 years ago

Ummm, because who wants to follow someone that has nothing to say?. LOLOLOL

8. noenhulk profile image72
    noenhulkposted 6 years ago

Anything under the sun you can write. Humorous, entertaining, funny, useful, write any interesting topics and you are good to go.   

To get a readers to follow you, it's up to them if they want what you write. So I suggest you write any topics that interest all walks of life.

You can navigate the categories to give you any ideas what to write and what audience.

There are also articles that target general audience so decide for yourself friend.

9. daskittlez69 profile image76
    daskittlez69posted 6 years ago

You can write anything you want to have followers.  The more heart and soul you pour into it the more followers you will have.  I would suggest writing on something that truly inspires and enlightens you.  I get more comments and followers on my political pieces.

10. SammySammo profile image59
    SammySammoposted 6 years ago

A lot of people will follow you if you leave comments on their posts, follow them, and have Hubs that a lot of people can relate to or that people will have an opinion on.  I have few followers right now, but the ones I have have followed me because they liked what I was writing.

11. LittlePayday profile image59
    LittlePaydayposted 6 years ago

Just write interesting, informative, humorous content that people will enjoy reading. People follow quality.