jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

An "A" next to the tittle of one of my hubs right after the red/blue arrows

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image89
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

An "A" next to the tittle of one of my hubs right after the red/blue arrows

I've noticed a very faint "A" next to the tittle of one of my hubs right after the red/blue arrow. Does anyone know what this means?

2. Neerizzle profile image81
    Neerizzleposted 6 years ago

It means that your hubs are missing a summary. I just noticed that too. I think if you write summaries for each of the hubs missing one your scores will collectively increase.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image89
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Never mind, it's just another of the new features which they so often forget to let us know about. It means that a summary is missing.

4. K9keystrokes profile image92
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

This is to let you know that your hub still needs a summary written.
    In edit mode, go to the right side of your page,  where the reorder, tags, SUMMARY, etc. are listed. Click on the summary button and an empty white box will pop open. This is where you add a short (2 or 3 sentence) summary of what your hub is about. It helps your hub get found and read by searches. This is a new addition to the edit mode (the "A" by your hub listings). Have fun with it, it is simply another way to market your work! Good luck!
    Happy Hubbing~
    K9

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I find this added item odd  in our unpublished hubs as they are not finished being written. How can you write a summary for hub not finished? And what summary should I do for a Haiku? It is already short.

6. seicheprey profile image60
    seichepreyposted 6 years ago

Yeah, mine got flagged too with that.  It means that we're supposed to have a summary for each piece (thought why they chose an A for this I don't know), or they'll auto-generate one for us.

7. LegendaryN8 profile image59
    LegendaryN8posted 6 years ago

Someone mentioned this in another answer - the summaries are optional.

I am under the impression that Hubpages is encouraging hubbers to add summaries because it helps you get better listed in search engines.

I would take full advantage of the summary.

Flora, I would state that it is a Haiku about (subject).  Doesn't have to be a paragraph.  One line should be fine.

working