jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

For all you longtime Hubbers, what have you learned along you hubpage journey?

1. bwhite062007 profile image88
    bwhite062007posted 6 years ago

For all you longtime Hubbers, what have you learned along you hubpage journey?

2. Jean Bakula profile image99
    Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure if 10 months qualifies me for "long time", but I have learned to be more patient. Also to read my work through the eyes of other people, who may not be as familiar with my subjects as I am. I have also "met" many talented writers and terrific people while writing on HP, and that's the best part of all. I love reading and hubbing with people from all over the world, and HP gives us the platform to do that.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Getting feedback from others in the Hubpage community can help sharpen a writer's skills and find their own niche catagory. Mine for instance is "gender relations".  Reading other writer's hubs, leaving comments, and posting answers to questions can actually become addictive! lol!
    With so many topics to scan through everyone is bound to find tips they can use in their life.

4. Pollyannalana profile image86
    Pollyannalanaposted 6 years ago

After almost two years i have found out I will never know anymore about this place than when I started. They have no set of "rules" or "guides" and anyone's guess is as good as anything. You work your butt off to get your number up and fall 5 points. Go on vacation and it goes up 5. Who knows? I sure don't.

5. amurbach profile image82
    amurbachposted 6 years ago

That good content is not enough!  You also need to learn how to optimize your pages for the web crawlers and how to network then so that others get a chance to find out what you are all about. Nothing good comes easy...

6. TheManWithNoPants profile image71
    TheManWithNoPantsposted 6 years ago

I've learned that I'm not the only one alive who feels passionate about my beliefs.  I've found a support system that I had no idea existed prior to H,P.

jim

7. princess g profile image61
    princess gposted 6 years ago

The pay is low, the commenters are cool, and the forum is a dry, dull place to hang out.That's about it.

8. rembrandz profile image84
    rembrandzposted 6 years ago

The community spirit!! And helping attitude...Makes me want to give more

9. AnkushKohli profile image82
    AnkushKohliposted 6 years ago

Getting feedback is always a good thing though some were not as what i expected but in reality they were the ones which help me to grow my self in a better way and those which were in my favor motivated me a lot.
    I came to know about the different dimensions of thinking of the people.

working