Do I really need to have my HubPage for 6 months before adding Google Adsense?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Sam Dolloff profile image62
    Sam Dolloffposted 12 years ago

Do I really need to have my HubPage for 6 months before adding Google Adsense?

I have a google adsense account but it wont let me link it to my HubPage.  It keeps saying that my account is not old enough.  Is this true should I just wait or is there something else I should be doing?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

If you already have a Google Adsense account I do not see why you have to wait. I would post this question in the forums under need help ask here.

3. rembrandz profile image80
    rembrandzposted 12 years ago

Well that's true. but I was informed that google does not approve writers from some parts of the world straight off even if one has content to show. yikes/
    There was a mess up in my address when I signed up and they refused to approve me saying I don't have enough original content. (that's no reason, they just give that as a standard answer). Even after 6 months they never responded to my applications...several times there was not even a rejection message...which left me clueless and demotivated...I guess I kept applying from my own website too, which confused them. Finally I got approved within a day after I posted my frustrations on the google adsense help forum and they surprised me by having a google adsense rep. chat with me online via my gmail chat the same day. He reviewed my articles while I was on the chat with him. He made some suggestions (beware sometimes they can ask for too much). He asked me to add 8 more articles to make it to 15 to approve me. (Felt that was an unfair request after leaving me clueless for 16 months). So I mentioned to him about my accolades at hubpages and reviews here, and finally he settled with 3 more articles for me to add to get me approved. Though I was not pleased with that because I had to upload my generic non-animation/art related articles to my art account. Anyway at least I was relieved I got my account approved. But it took them 16 months...So I lost any revenue I could have got through google adsense till 2 months ago.
    So yeah, you may want to take my final route which helped me succeed...write to Google adsense help...than waste anymore time waiting. Hope this helps

4. iviskei profile image71
    iviskeiposted 12 years ago

Nope. I had mine two weeks before I google approved my adsense. The key is to post a couple good hubs, show that you can be an active member of the hubpages community, and apply to google adsense. Google will review your progress and determine whether or not to approve you. Once you are approved, you can use google adsense of your hubpages, whether or not you've had the account for six months.

Looking at your profile, you should have no problem getting adsense! Just gotta wait a few days for your application to go through.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

NO!  You shouldn't have to wait at all, but. . .

Yes - you certainly need to ask this in the HELP section of the forums where it will be addressed by people that know what they are talking about.  I had to wait about thirty seconds to add adsense to my Hubpages - and if the rules or whatever have changed, then I don't know about it.

I suspect that nothing has changed, and that you are having a technical difficulty that a more experienced person could easily help you with.

6. Sam Dolloff profile image62
    Sam Dolloffposted 12 years ago

Thank you all! I will add this question to the forum section as suggested

7. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 12 years ago

Google has strict Adsense approval policies. They will give approval only for the sites/publishers with substantial original content. To get a new Adsense approval, sometimes it might take up to six months of time. But if your content is good, they do give approval before six months period.

If you already have an Adsense account, all you need is to associate with HubPages which will take very little time.

If Google says - you have a valid account, but wait for sometime means - just do as they told. Guess you are 3 weeks old. You should have it approved probably within a week or two.

8. daskittlez69 profile image76
    daskittlez69posted 12 years ago

I was able to have my Google Adsense added from day one.  As long as you already have Adsense I do not know why you couldn't just add it.  It can take awhile to get Adsense if you do not already have one.  A few days though, not 6 months.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)