jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do the level numbers I am seeing in the comments on hubs mean?

1. Kristeen profile image72
    Kristeenposted 6 years ago

What do the level numbers I am seeing in the comments on hubs mean?

I am seeing "level 1 commenter" "level 4 commenter" etc in the comments. Where did it come from and what is the purpose of it?

2. profile image0
    Nick Lucasposted 6 years ago

I believe you get ranked higher when you comment, or in other words the more you comment the higher your rating goes

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago
  4. iviskei profile image75
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

It's really no different from the accolade that gives you a comment level. It just makes it more obvious when you answer questions.

5. whoisbid profile image77
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

When you spend a lot of time in a social network or Blog there is a Google cookie or a browser cookie gathering information about how long you spend on a website. This information is used by Google Panda to determine how popular a site is. The longer you spend on a site the chances are that the search algorithms sees it as more popular or more relevant .. so the logic is that the more time you spend on a site - the lower the bounce rate is going to be for that site, the more popular the site will be, the more page views the site has and ultimately the more successful.

It is beneficial for Blog owners to introduce "adding friends" and "commenting" with rewards to higher levels because they know that the more time they can get people to spend on their site, the higher their rankings will be.

This is the real purpose. It is purely technical and aimed at defeating Panda.

6. maruthirp profile image62
    maruthirpposted 6 years ago

I think this rank is to justify the commentator and help approving comments.

working