jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do when someone leaves a mean comment on your Hub?

1. glassvisage profile image90
    glassvisageposted 8 years ago

What do you do when someone leaves a mean comment on your Hub?

2. pippap profile image86
    pippapposted 8 years ago

No one has left a mean comment on any of hubs yet; but, other hubbers will read your hub, form their own opinion about the hub; and, judge the worth of that comment accordingly.

Personally, I would just let the comment be and allow others to judge its worth individually.

3. ripplemaker profile image86
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

Mean comments hurt our feelings. How do we handle them in the best possible way? read more

4. profile image0
    collegecareerlifeposted 8 years ago

If the comment is really offensive, I would deny it.  If it's critical or someone with a different opinion, I try to respond politely.  I've only had one comment that was wasn't supportive, but popular hubbers will probably attract more rude or critical comments.

5. prasadjain profile image71
    prasadjainposted 8 years ago

The remedy is simple.
    I just readout that comment again and again, and give answer to every point raised by him. That should satisfy(if he is an open minded person) him and other people who might have  similar opinion, but  not expressed it. If he is not satisfied, I do not bother. however, there are so many wise readers, who will read both his comments and my answer. They will weigh it and make an opinion in my favour.
       On the otherhand, if there is some truth in what he has said, i shall simply accept it and rectify myself.
       I don't think there is any otherway, by which we can react.
       All sorts of people are there in this world. We cannot satify everybody. But  atleast, our talk and behaviour should satify those who are knowledgeble, wise and objective.
       A Sanskrit poet Bhavabhuthi (5th century A.D) tells-'Time is unlimted, eatrh is vast,somewhere, sometime, takes birth  a person, who can understand me.' WE should have this confidence also.

6. profile image0
    eternaltreasuresposted 7 years ago

you have the right to delete, deny and approve the comments, go to your My account --> comments --> unmoderated, then decide what you want to do with the comment

7. profile image44
    SARA BLACKposted 7 years ago

do not reply.... move on....be a better person and just know being you is power to your own control...we can only control our own thoughts....

8. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Delete, ignore, or answer.  If you answer, try to be at least as smart-ass as the person leaving the comment.  :-)

working