jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is mean by "Do Follow Backlinks" vs "No Follow Backlinks"?

1. Traffic Creator profile image60
    Traffic Creatorposted 6 years ago

What is mean by "Do Follow Backlinks" vs "No Follow Backlinks"?

2. brooklyn00123 profile image61
    brooklyn00123posted 6 years ago

Do follow backlinks help with SEO and No follow backlinks do not

3. The Optimizers profile image61
    The Optimizersposted 6 years ago

No follow = search engines will not follow the link.. So if you have a nice fat link with your chosen anchor text, but the backlink is rel="no follow" then you will not be passing any link juice through to your linking domain... No follow links are still fine for gaining traffic from source, but they are useless for gaining ranking within search engines.

Follow = rel="follow"

These are the links you want if you want to gain rankings in the search engines.

4. I Am Rosa profile image90
    I Am Rosaposted 6 years ago

This relates to back linking - when you post a link to one of your articles.

Do Follow is code that tells search engines to follow a link to its source.  It creates a "ping" which means your link it valid and acknowledged.  This helps your articles get found in web searches.

No Follow tells search engines not to follow the link to its source.  People can still click on the link to get to your article, but Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines will not follow it and you will get less recognition on them.

As I understand it:  Do Follow pings affect your Hub Pages ranking and earnings in a positive way.  No Follow has no affect.

working