jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Why does my Hubrank keep dropping?

1. brooklyn00123 profile image60
    brooklyn00123posted 6 years ago

Why does my Hubrank keep dropping?

I have been consistently creating new hubs and asking and answering questions this past week. I have received 2 Accolades in the past 4 days. My Hubrank will go up to about 72 and then it will start to drop again after a few hours??

2. medihelp profile image60
    medihelpposted 6 years ago

It may for the lack of visitors on your hub. For example, the same things happened to me. About one week ago it was 80 but now at 75.Lets try to  attract visitors on our hub.Happy hubbing....

3. Caleb DRC profile image80
    Caleb DRCposted 6 years ago

Sorry, I haven't a clue. If you want to ponder a greater mystery then browse some of the sites. I have been to sites where the author( hubber) had hundreds of followers, thousands of views, and wrote over a hundred hubs and yet has a lower rating than myself. I have seen sites where no hubs were written at all and yet had scores of followers. Based on what I've seen with others, my hub score should be about 2 because I can double my hub views by editing a hub.

4. cmlindblom profile image76
    cmlindblomposted 6 years ago

I'm going down now too i think it's just phases of visitors and traffic to your hubs. I was at 90 two days ago but now I'm at 87. It's very addicting trying to increase your hubber score

5. ArockDaNinja profile image79
    ArockDaNinjaposted 6 years ago

You need to participate. Read and comment on hubs, write them regularly, write good content, include back links, summaries, and pictures. Include a lot of information on your profile, ask and answer questions. Use referral links and put links to other hubs on your own hubs through the 'link suggestion tool'. Always use good grammar and spelling. That's all I can think of. Your hub score will increase if you do all this.

6. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 6 years ago

A variance of 5 or so points up or down appears to be normal for most people.
    Just make sure that you are reading the hubs of the people you are following. If you don't, the system penalizes you heavily.
    I wrote about this in a hub called How New Hubbers Ruin Their Hubscore

7. ladyhowto4u profile image71
    ladyhowto4uposted 6 years ago

The hubscore is a mystery to me. You can try leaving comments on hubs also.  I  leave comments, write more hubs, hop some hubs and just try to participate in the community more when I see my score dropping. I left a comment one time and my score went up 1 point right away.  Probably a coincidence. Enjoy hubbing!

8. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I think that if you have enough friends going to your Hubs and regularly pressing the buttons to "up" your Hub then you will remain high. Most likely some people who are extremely gifted in this world get it organically and others most likely have groups of people they email regularly to visit their Hubs and bless them.
    I also think it is possible (if these groups exist) to downgrade certain writers but I am not sure about that and if it is happening it is pretty wicked. What I have learned on the internet since actively participating in thousands of pages over the years is to not underestimate people. If you want to get ahead you need to have a plan and you probably never want anyone to know what it is.

9. Sychophantastic profile image88
    Sychophantasticposted 6 years ago

Just glancing at your hubs, the content can generally be found other places on the web. Part of your hubscore involves original content, so that's part of it. Traffic is another part of it. The more traffic you get from sources outside Hubpages, the more your score will rise.

10. madhuwillb profile image38
    madhuwillbposted 5 years ago

as my experience i think based on average of hub scores of hubs we created our hub score varies after that how much active your participation in answering questions,forums,comments all will follow ......