jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's the longest article you've ever seen on HubPages?

1. jonte2020 profile image61
    jonte2020posted 6 years ago

What's the longest article you've ever seen on HubPages?

I'm really working hard on a massive project now and I'm wondering how long it can be without being ineffective?

2. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

If you know you write well, you will have confidence that you'll have the reader hooked.  There's no guarantee you will draw readers, either.  My longest Hub so far was 2,100 words.  When I stepped away from it, I said, "Damn!  If I was working on my novel, this would be a chapter!"  Whether you write a paragraph or a novel, it doesn't matter what length it is.  If you didn't write it well enough to attract readers, you are screwed.  I am irritated with some of these HubPages writers who are always focusing on stats and how much they are making or not making because in the real world of publishing, you won't impress an editor or a publisher with your Hub stats.  Why worry at all?  Why compare yourself to what others are doing?  Just write!

3. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 6 years ago

Massive to you might be overwhelming to some, yet not so much to others.  A lot depends on how you define massive. 

Whether your article is too long depends on your purpose and goals for it.  From what I have read and can tell from observation, the average reader will only stick with 400-800 words in an HP article, and that's with graphics to help them stick.

If you are hoping for a large readership one possible solution is to divide your hub into a series.

4. R.S. Hutchinson profile image82
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago

I have one of the longest hubs I've ever seen on HP

5. stanwshura profile image73
    stanwshuraposted 6 years ago

"The".  "A" and "an" are the shorter of the noun 'articles'.    I just couldn't resist, sorry!  wink

working