jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Should a hubber be penalized for asking way too many meaningless questions?

1. Anishpat profile image79
    Anishpatposted 6 years ago

Should a hubber be penalized for asking way too many meaningless questions?

you guys know who I'm talking about wink

2. Emma Harvey profile image89
    Emma Harveyposted 6 years ago

Yes I reckon so, if they are asking questions just for the sake of it. I will ask a question if I really want to know the answer.

3. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

1st I don't know who you are talking about. I tend to go in spurts. Sorry, that is the way it is. When I ask a question I am seeking answers. Besides, you are only allowed to ask so many questions per day. Hubpages prevents from over asking. Most who do over ask are seeking the easiest way to get an accolade. The old seeking to belong thing.

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

The questions you ask are not meaningless, tsmog. You questions are answered and people do not bother answering meaningless questions. You can figure out what hubbers are meant in this question by the number of people who ask multiple questions that no one answers any of their questions. As for them being penalized, I think they are in respect to their hubprofile scores, but I am not certain of that.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Yes they should be. A few people seem to do that. You do know that you can flag meaningless questions don't you? It's under low quality.

6. RachaelLefler profile image96
    RachaelLeflerposted 6 years ago

Nah, I think someone should feel free to speak their mind on here. I mean, if I ask a question from the Democrat perspective would that make it okay for my question to get censored by Republicans? But I think all questions on here should be serious and mature. It's just hard to rule out intent like that when you're talking about online interaction.

7. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

no, if it hasn't been asked it should be. If it has been asked they'll remove it though.

8. iviskei profile image73
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

Umm....I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. If people have questions, then they should ask. Otherwise they'll never find the answers they seek.

9. whoisbid profile image74
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

There is software Hubpages has developed to prevent repeat questions and since Google is looking for original text it is important to keep having unique entries. Everyone's contribution matters as long as it is coming from them and not being copied from somewhere. There is a great advantage in having unique strings of words in these pages.  The more uniqueness, the more visitors HubPages is likely to get. If everyone is speaking the same thing then this site will have tons of "similar pages" which aint good for the Panda update.

10. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

Yes! Meaningless and repetitive questions should be penalised. Definitely!

working