jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you keep getting new ideas for new hubs day in and day out?

1. sweetzara profile image78
    sweetzaraposted 6 years ago

How do you keep getting new ideas for new hubs day in and day out?

what do you do to get inspired to write new hubs? how do you find new topics? What sparks an idea for a new hub?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5540864_f260.jpg

2. RTalloni profile image87
    RTalloniposted 6 years ago

Thinking through what I read very often inspires my writing.

3. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

I write on things which I think are important for me and for everyone else to discuss. Some other blogs though, are just on places I visited and some thoughts about my travels. And then, I have some pieces of writing which are simply journal entries.
    I find that if nothing else, there are always social issues which can be discussed.

4. ktrapp profile image98
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

My ideas are sometimes inspired from my everyday life, sometimes curiosity about something I've heard, sometimes from a desire to share something I know, and sometimes from a question left in comments to one of my hubs. For example, we successfully potty trained our beagle puppy (not an easy breed to train) so I wrote a hub about it. One day my daughter was home sick and I remembered how my mother would give us ginger ale to make us feel better, which inspired me to write about the health benefits of ginger. And, lately I've noticed how some hubs could be so easily improved in terms of seo if only writers knew simple steps to follow. Since I have knowledge of html and web design I decided to share what I know. On those hubs I have gotten questions, where my answers to them were so long that I decided to write a hub about it instead.

One thing I do is keep a notebook that I jot down any potential ideas. This really helps when I am ready to write and need an idea.

5. townstate profile image58
    townstateposted 6 years ago

I am a web designer, and have many customers who have the coolest businesses. So I am always thinking of hubs I can make for them to help show what they do. I also live in the most beautiful place on earth (Salmon Idaho) and have a new camera! So I am always taking pictures and movies... and each one deserves a hub.

So it's not a matter of thinking of new things to write about, but of keeping up with my brain. If only I could make hubs in my sleep.

6. tlmcgaa70 profile image76
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

as long as i am on the high end of my swinging pendulum of bipolar 2...the difficulty is not in thinking up ideas to write about...it is in keeping up with the many ideas that are constantly pouring into my head. sometimes i have so many it gets confusing. i end up writing nothing at all. i have to stop and wait til i can make sense of my thoughts again.

7. SantaCruz profile image70
    SantaCruzposted 6 years ago

It helps to have a pen handy so that ideas don't get lost. In my car, for example, I might write down ideas inspired by something on the radio or an unusual pedestrian. (We have lots of unusual pedestrians in Santa Cruz.) So today I wrote "exploding electronic cigarettes" and "man with rabbit on head." I keep these notes together as fodder for writing. I also eavesdrop on conversations and write down the dialogue for the same reason...

Another way to get writing ideas is to browse other article sites like StumbleUpon. You can choose to only see articles in categories that interest you.

working