jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it permissable to post a Hub under 'John MacNab' but headline it as 'Written

1. John MacNab profile image83
    John MacNabposted 6 years ago

Is it permissable to post a Hub under 'John MacNab' but headline it as 'Written By' - another name?

Similar to 'Nora Roberts' writing as 'J.D. Robb'?

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I would think that by doing so, it would make a lot of casual Hub readers think you had plagiarized the Hub and result in the content getting flagged.

Why not just use the username you have now?

3. John MacNab profile image83
    John MacNabposted 6 years ago

I hadn't considered that relache.  I'll just leave things as they are.  My reason for wanting the 'written by' byline is because I want to write some Hubs from a feminine point of view, and I thought they may take them more seriously if people thought they were written by a woman.
    Thank you very much for your answer.

4. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

I guess 'John MacNab' is a bit of  a giveaway..., but why don't you just write one anyway, and see if your content, and perspective, is read and accepted regardless?

I wrote a Hub in a 'Dear Abby' vein, which required the 'writer' to be an innocent 16yr old girl, living in a remote farming location. It was just a more engaging, fun way of approaching the topic of my 16th Hub, and it was well-received. (Although I suspect one commenter was momentarily confused...)

I checked your profile and I see that you like to add a touch of humour. Don't know if that applies to the Hubs you're contemplating; but it is the great leveller, as you of course already know....

I do agree with relache, I think your attempts at honesty/clarity would be very likely misunderstood both by Hubbers, and worse, by the Gods of Duplicate Content. Of whom I fell foul in a Hub satirising the Queen's famous Annus horribilis speech. I had it reinstated, but it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Best of luck, whichever way you go.

Cheers

working