jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

best charity to donate to manila

1. hinckles koma profile image65
    hinckles komaposted 8 years ago

what charity is doing direct aid to manila?suggestions.

1. ediggity profile image60
      ediggityposted 8 years agoin reply to this
  2. hinckles koma profile image65

I was looking for a smaller foundation that specializes in flood relief I know red cross is a very powerful organization I donate money to them every year. I googled a couple of choices but I just wanted to see if anybody had any experience with online foundations. I only deal with local foundations that have fundraisers.

1. emievil profile image81
      emievilposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Uhhhmmm, I have a link in my latest hub for an online foundation but they donate to red cross too. How about local TV stations?

1. hinckles koma profile image65
        hinckles komaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Are you living close to manila? Are these floods normal or this recent flood was really as devastating as it looks?

Nope. I'm in southern Philippines. These floods are not normal. I lived in the Metro Manila area for more than 10 years, I've never seen a flood such as this. It's devastating.

All my relatives and my siblings are living in that area. They told me the flood covered all of their buildings' first floor and the roof of their cars.

1. ngureco profile image84
            ngurecoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

More frequent and intense severe weather and extreme climate events such as these floods in Manila maybe a sure sign that global warming and climate change is here with us.

3. IslandVoice profile image78
    IslandVoiceposted 8 years ago

There's a lot of relief work going on there now. Red Cross, various groups, churches are doing such wonderful jobs. Ateneo University is working via paypal, and other schools. The Filipino bayanihan spirit is at work. We are fundraising here in the Big Island via the Fil Chamber, and will be sending to  a South City church run by Luigi Tabuena and family.

4. hinckles koma profile image65

My friend is contacting local Filipino community churches in Woodside Elmhurst/Jackson Heights area we will donate through them.
    If anyone wants more info let me know.

The Filipino people are very strong and this disaster will only show their spirit to persevere. I love traveling in the Philipines and my best thoughts for beatiful people and paradise land. Love

Thanks hinckles. smile

working