jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When I hit the home button on hubpages, do I see the same thing as everyone else

1. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

When I hit the home button on hubpages, do I see the same thing as everyone else does?

I am curious if when I hit the home button here on hubpages if the articles and hubs that show up are the same as everyone else sees?  I see a lot of work from people I follow and a little bit from new people.  For as much time as I spend on hubpages, I would think that I would see a great deal more new hubs and hubbers then I do... So what do you guys think?  is the home page customized through  our choices and actions or is it totally random?

2. trecords0 profile image59
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

I'm not sure.  It could have something to do with your cookies (seeing people you follow), but without getting in touch with someone you now through skype or something like that and doing it at the same time we'll never know.  My skype id is tim.mooreinc if you want to try it.

3. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

It depends on the filters settings in the home page.  You can find it in the right side corner of the status update text box. You can set your preferred options in the filters and based on that your "feed" in the home page will be delivered to you.

4. Maralexa profile image85
    Maralexaposted 6 years ago

Hi Dave, I believe you see the hubbers you are following and I see the hubbers that I am following.  Sometimes, these overlap.  And, yes, you can use filters.

If you wish to see more new hubbers I would suggest you follow a 'Topic'  that is most often followed by newbies and that you follow a HubPages greeter.

Have a great day!

5. ktrapp profile image97
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

You definitely have a different home page than other hubbers based on followings and filters, etc. But if you log out and click on home then you see the same page as everyone - the one with the big hub of the day and the success stories.