jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why can't I break get past 85 on my hubscore?

1. terrektwo profile image83
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Why can't I break get past 85 on my hubscore?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

85 is very respectable.  Scores don't necessarily correlate with earnings. Yes, you may get more followers and hubber readers with a high score, but it doesn't mean that you earn more money. I think hanging around for awhile makes your score go up more than anything else, as long as your content and writing are passably good.

3. terrektwo profile image83
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

I hope your right, it just feels a little unusual to sometimes coast through a day or two at 85 and then add several articles answer questions and really try for several days just to never break that barrier. It seems whether I try a little or try really hard I just can't break that barrier.

4. vexez profile image63
    vexezposted 6 years ago

My take is your Hub is not getting enough consistent traffic to push the Hubscore beyond 85.

5. emichael profile image78
    emichaelposted 6 years ago

Honestly, I've given up trying to understand hubscore smile

I was off of hubpages for a period of a few weeks where I didn't write or comment, but would check my page once in a while. My score fluctuated from 86 to 92. Then I come back and begin reading and commenting and posting and my score drops from 90 to 88. Go figure. Hubscore is something you really just need to not pay much attention to. Write quality hubs, find new hubbers, comment, post in forums, answer questions. Anything to both engage other writers and drive new readers to your hubs. Also, a big thing that will lower your score is to just follow a lot of people without reading or commenting their work.

working