jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Why can't I share a hub on HubPages?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image90
    oceansnsunsetsposted 3 years ago

Why can't I share a hub on HubPages?

I see people sharing others hubs on HubPages, but when I try to it doesn't do anything.  I try to click the button, and it doesn't do anything.  If I hit the cancel button, of course it cancels.  Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

2. Faith Reaper profile image87
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

The share buttons are slow to respond. Well, the HubPages share button. Once you click share start counting to ten slowly and usually the green share button will pop up stating it was shared by the time you get to seven. It never was this slow in the past and maybe it is the flood of Squidoo transferring in and the system is overloading.

oceansnsunsetsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Faith Reaper!

3. Venkatachari M profile image43
    Venkatachari Mposted 3 years ago

I tried just now and was able to share the hubpages Editor spotlight article on hubpages. It got shared. When you click the share button H+ on the hub, a new small window appears to confirm whether you want to share the article with your fellow hubbers. You click share and in some seconds, it gets shared and it signals to you that it has been shared. Then you close the window. This is the procedure.

Thanks so much Venkatachari!

4. tlcs profile image43
    tlcsposted 3 years ago

Faith is right, you need to be patient when using the share button.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I click the black 'H', then the gray 'Share' button and usually count to 5 or 6 for the word 'Shared' to show.

Thank you!

2. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. :-)

6. oceansnsunsets profile image90
    oceansnsunsetsposted 3 years ago

Thank you all for answering, your tips proved very helpful! I just thought something was wrong, and when I didn't see it in the feed I wondered even more.  It does eventually share, so thank you!

working