jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I would also like to know what determines my profile score. Does anyone know?

1. Kristeen profile image71
    Kristeenposted 6 years ago

I would also like to know what determines my profile score. Does anyone know?

I am always happy to see my profile score up in the 90's, but what determines it? What makes it go up or down?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 6 years ago

Hi Kristeen.  From what I understand, our profile scores are a combination of how well-written our articles are, how many views they get, comments and votes from readers. If someone votes 'UP' our score goes up, If they vote 'Down' our score goes down.  I do not think this is fair on Down votes -- if someone does not like an article we wrote, they should just go on to something else. Why injure a writer's score by voting down?  They should just go and find something they do like. That is my humble opinion.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

It's mostly based on the number of views and the average score of all of your hubs. If you have some unpublished hubs next time you are going to publish one publish the one with the highest score, your profile score should then rise, to test this publish the one with the lowest score and your profile score should go down.
    Afterward the profile score would be dependent on the number of views to all of your hubs.

4. Jennie Demario profile image38
    Jennie Demarioposted 6 years ago

Hi Kristeen - Your profile score is also driven by how much you participate in the various sections of HubPages.  You can increase your profile score by answering questions, participating in the forums, leaving insightful comments on peoples hubs, etc...  The higher quality of your posts, the better the score increase.  Little comments like "good work" might actually do more harm than good.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

I have yet to figure this out. I participate a lot in forums, hopping hubs, rating hubs, answering questions and use all of the features for my hubs such as summary, tags, RSS feed,etc.

It seems the more I do, the lower my hub score goes.I cannot get it past 85. It is down to almost 80 this morning. I will never figure it out.

working