jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Does the caption in a photo help with SEO and keywords?

1. Nspeel profile image76
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

Does the caption in a photo help with SEO and keywords?

2. jean2011 profile image77
    jean2011posted 6 years ago

My best guess is yes! Again, I think it all depends on how the caption is worded.

3. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

I read somewhere that it does help. Since then, I do try to include a caption.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image77
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

Absolutely.  You can get significant traffic from image search, if you properly caption your photos.  A photo of a cake you made captioned "Look how beautifully it turned out!" will not do you any good, but if you caption that same photo "My red velvet cake with cream cheese icing" you'll come up in relevant image searches.

5. ktrapp profile image98
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

Maddie is absolutely correct; captions are one way images are indexed by search engines. And if the image on your hub is found and clicked on from a search then your hub is also found since the website of the picture is also made available.

6. Jacob_Jube profile image59
    Jacob_Jubeposted 6 years ago

This is great for the search optimisation for photos.

More and more people have started to using Google photos so adding caption and alt text are quite good.

7. profile image0
    Kieran Gracieposted 6 years ago

I believe the answer is Yes.  Anyway it is easy to include a caption so why not do it?  I think that the caption should also include the primary keyword in the accompanying article if possible.

8. Phil The Gain profile image63
    Phil The Gainposted 6 years ago

That makes sense!  I'm going to start doing this for now on.

working