jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

WTF..., why is this acceptable language to use here even though Google AdSense p

1. RKHenry profile image76
    RKHenryposted 6 years ago

WTF..., why is this acceptable language to use here even though Google AdSense policy says no?

Why is certain acronyms like WTF, appropriate for children and not filtered out of
    posts, like actual cuss
    would be?

2. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 6 years ago

I know this doesn't answer the question, but I have no idea why acronyms are acceptable here and wish I knew. I just read another hubber's post in a forum and it was filled with acronyms and slang. I guess there is somewhere to find the answer; I just don't know where and hope someone answers this significant question.

3. molometer profile image85
    molometerposted 6 years ago

I don't think they are acceptable are they?
    The whole texting genre is actually now defunct.

In the early days of cell phones we were charged by the character so by dropping the vowels it saved money sending sms's.

There really is no excuse for using these now unless of course the person using them has poor vocabulary skills. Then I suggest people buy dictionary and learn some words!

4. proudmamma profile image77
    proudmammaposted 6 years ago

I don't believe it is acceptable. However, the HubPages team does not know or have time to read every single hub written. Therefore, it is our responsiblity to let them know or report it as a form of abuse or violation when we read these inappropriate acronyms or see inappropriate language in hubs. Flag it so they will know there is an issue with the content.

5. Ciel Clark profile image73
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

I think acronyms are less offensive than seeing a specific word, while at the same time being kind of a cop-out.  Say it straight out (knowing your audience) or find a better word.

working