jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does it seem like readership has dropped way off?

1. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Does it seem like readership has dropped way off?

It seem like readership has dropped way off... My readership is down 75% over the last few days.  Are other people experiencing this too?  I am getting views from outside of hubpages but not many from in hubpages.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 6 years ago

My readership tends to fluctuate wildly.  I think it has to do with how busy people are - getting ready for Halloween, etc.  Also has to do with weather - nicer weather tends to keep people outside.  I also suspect there may be system glitches from time to time that keep people from visiting.  Hopefully all our readers will come back and read all of the wonderful hubs they missed while they were gone.

3. Stephanie Henkel profile image97
    Stephanie Henkelposted 6 years ago

Yes, I've noticed it, too.  I wonder if all the very active hubbers are very busy writing for the contest? I know I have had less time to read the last few days--but I'll catch up! Also, I don't know how up-to-the-minute the stats are. I've noticed that they stay the same for hours sometimes.

4. shea duane profile image60
    shea duaneposted 6 years ago

I agree. I know I haven't been reading other's hubs as much because I'm doing a big project at work... But why are other people not reading?

5. HikeGuy profile image77
    HikeGuyposted 6 years ago

I'm still at pretty small traffic, but I'd quadrupled it since September and was beginning to feel better about my daily views -- then over the Halloween weekend it tanked.

I'm getting a little Google, Yahoo and Bing love, but mondo drop-off on HP. I manage to pick up a bit with each new hub and then it drops faster than it did last month. Discouraging -- last month I was beginning to have hopes for this for the holidays.

And now there's the news that I won't be able to use my Amazon account here after the beginning of the year. Yeah, I know, there's the option of the HP Amazon acct. Not the same thing. I think I'll wait and see if there's any improvement before I add any more content on HP.

6. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

I think I am in the same boat as you are Hikeguy!  I do not know if it is from the contest or not but much like you... right after halloween my readership fell about 75%.  Even entries in the contest have poor readership... so not sure but this can not go on all month.