jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do people mistake attacking and bashing your page for constructive criticism

1. Msnancy profile image59
    Msnancyposted 6 years ago

Why do people mistake attacking and bashing your page for constructive criticism?

2. stampinwithfab profile image88
    stampinwithfabposted 6 years ago

I believe it's all about the tone and how to write a proper constructive critic of a page. If I see something the author missed out and should be rectified then I tend to write to the person directly instead of leaving a comment. It avoids embarrassments on both sides. I don't think people mistake the way they criticise, they basically don't have subtlety and manners; usually they're also slightly conceited and don't take any notice of other people's feelings. MsNancy I would just ignore them and moderate all comments to avoid giving them satisfaction.

3. profile image0
    genaeaposted 6 years ago

Stampwithfab put it best when he says that the problem is rooted in conceit.  Yes!!!!  people are just too harsh in their criticism.  They want to show how much they know!!!  they want to show how "right" they are and how "wrong" you are.  It's cute!  Just kidding.  But hey, the world is made up of all types.  I just take what I need and throw the rest into the sea of forgetfulness:)  It's not personal.  They have a point to prove.

4. Healthy Pursuits profile image91
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago

There are a fair number of people online who seem to have forgotten that they are writing to another person. They say whatever they want, without regard for feelings. More than likely, they wouldn't do that if you were standing face-to-face with them, but they not only lack manners, they lack imagination.

When this happens to me, I don't address what they say at all, but the tone that they have used in saying it. It does help to remind them that they should be thinking as if they were real grownups.

working