jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should we delete our under-performing hubs and how many of you do this?

1. nemanjaboskov profile image75
    nemanjaboskovposted 6 years ago

Should we delete our under-performing hubs and how many of you do this?

I have recently deleted a hub I published a long time ago and which had a pretty low score.
    After doing this, my author hubscore went up dramatically...
    Therefore, my question is pretty simple and it concerns the fact that these low-score hubs have a bad impact on our score. However, I don't know if there is a rule of some kind about deleting hubs...?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

In most cases, the same results could be achieved through revision. There is no general rule that I know of. One situation where deletion might be desirable is where a hub has become unpopular and has been voted down enough times to hurt the score.

3. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

I don't think I'll be deleting any of my hubs. They show the history of your time here, what works and what doesn't and so on. Website Examiner makes a good point about the potential tfor revising past content though, so that's something to consider.

I'm not sure how I feel about Hubpages raises your hubscore when you delete low scoring content. I guess from their perspective it helps them insure that there is a high standard to the content published on their site.

4. cam8510 profile image95
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

I changed the title on a couple of my under performing hubs and views began to climb again.