jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Do You Delete non Performing Hubs?

1. Patkay profile image91
    Patkayposted 3 years ago

Do You Delete non Performing Hubs?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I used to say "no," but then I finally canned one for the first time ever just last night. It so happens that it was the first Hub I wrote here almost four years ago and it had been dead in the water for some time, no amount of editing or tweaking picked up traffic so I figured it was time to put it out of its misery.

Patkayposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha you put it out of its misery, well on my side I find it hard to delete those suffering hubs.

3. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I have not deleted a non-performing hub. I'm still attached to all of them, even if they are bringing my average hubscore down. I think I read somewhere when Simone Smith was still here that if a hub doesn't get any views for 30 consecutive days, then it's a dud and can get unfeatured. Even if my hubs get one or two views a month, to me, it's still breathing so I don't want to kill it. If I were to delete my "non-performing" hubs (whatever that really means), I'd be deleting at least a third of my subdomain, most of which are poem hubs. I don't want to do that. I'm hoping for things to turn around in another 6 months or so.

We have the same feeling about these non-performing hubs. The attachment bit is strong and it makes me feel it is my property and should not delete it.

4. iskhoso profile image59
    iskhosoposted 3 years ago

Hi  Patkay,

Hubs are the reflections of your mind and efforts. They are not just written for performance. One who write hubs with full devotion and affiliation then how one could delete because of non-performance. I didn't delete any of my hub yet.

Wow, strong and true words. I think that is why I have not yet deleted any of the weaker hubs.

5. hdmiguru profile image94
    hdmiguruposted 3 years ago

Yes I would delete a hub with bad performance. These bad performing hubs are pulling down the performance of your overall sub domain. When I recognize that a hub is not getting enough traffic I try to improve content and/or links first and if nothing helps I delete it. Did it a couple of times already.

I wonder if one day I will be courageous like you and pull them down. On my part, I try to revamp them and let them stay.

6. Tamirogers profile image77
    Tamirogersposted 3 years ago

I'm still pretty new to Hubbing but I think I'd have a hard time deleting a hub... Hmmm.. Good question gives me something to think about.

I too find it hard to delete such a hub because it is part of my creation.

7. RonElFran profile image99
    RonElFranposted 3 years ago

I've had the experience of seeing a hub that was apparently dead in the water suddenly start getting views and come alive. So, no, I don't delete. At least I haven't yet. I would like to know if and how a high quality hub that simply is not presently being read for whatever reason pulls down the rest of the sub-domain in Google's view.

I too do not feel the need of pulling a hub because it is not performing. I get attached to each and every hub I have created.

8. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

I don't.  I keep 'em all up there.  It's a vanity thing, I expect.  I put the work in and I like to show it by letting the world know I've placed well over 300 Hubs. 

I don't care if they don't perform well.  My rating is high now simply because I've been posting Hubs for over five years and had about a quarter of a million views.

Of course, Hubpages, don't keep them all up there for everyone to see.  They have the audacity to say they're not long enough, or not detailed enough, or the photos aren't good enough.   But as Ret Butler said in Gone With the Wind, "Frankly, I don't give a damn."

Of course, if you're into Hubs to make money...well, that's a different story.  But from the questions and answers one reads on Hub Pages, not too many do that.

Still, SOMEONE must be making a dollar.  Hub Pages is still going.

You are very honest and to the point. I too would not touch a hub because it is not performing. I like keeping them all, they are my creation.

working