jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I know my poem for the contest was actually read by the judges?

1. David R Bradley profile image83
    David R Bradleyposted 6 years ago

How do I know my poem for the contest was actually read by the judges?

2. Nurfninja profile image56
    Nurfninjaposted 6 years ago

my concerns are similar sir. 
    Maybe we're just not that good lol

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Hubpages staff sends a batch of entries each week to the judges. Every entry which is eligible will have at least 500 words total, have all photographs properly cited, and have at least one  photograph for the creative writing categories (short story and poetry). The staff representatives read through every contest entry to make sure they qualify.

4. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

FloraBreen has answered correctly.  So it's very important to make sure you have followed the contest rules.  If so, your eligible hubs are emailed to us weekly via a list, and read by the judges for that specific category.  I am reading each entry, and it is an amazing experience.  There is such careful craft and heart put into these  poetry hubs.  Some have made me cry.  I have left comments on some, but I can see now that it is simply impossible to leave a comment on each entry.  It's not because I don't want to leave a comment, it's time related. Rest assured, I am reading ALL entries on the list.  I read one of yours last night, David. Beautiful! I still have many to go before the next batch arrives!

working