jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think Hubpages would be able to implement a Hubpages Junior?

1. KellyPittman profile image81
    KellyPittmanposted 6 years ago

Do you think Hubpages would be able to implement a Hubpages Junior?

My daughter sees how much fun I am having on Hubpages.  I wish she had an opportunity to share her work with an online community as well.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

Probably not for at least 2 reasons:

Income Taxes
    Quality of content

It would not be in their financial interests to devise a junior hub pages, where those under 18 just wrote for fun without any earnings at all.

3. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I know what you mean. My daughter loves writing and sees me writing here. She can't wait to be old enough to publish her work. It would be great if there was a platform for children to write online.

4. ttocs profile image91
    ttocsposted 6 years ago

Haha, it could be cute, but isn't really practical.

5. comp3820 profile image67
    comp3820posted 6 years ago

It would be tough, because of what LindaSmith1 says.

However, with the recent switch to sub-domains, the good and bad writers are better separated, so lower quality content wouldn't hurt too much.

Also, if it were marketed to kids, they could have activities like book reviews and writing contests that could integrate with school.

I don't know how that would effect taxes though...

6. Soldieringon profile image59
    Soldieringonposted 6 years ago

I think that it is a wonderful idea, and it should be brought up to the owners. I would love to see the account follow the child to the adult (immediate integration to hub pages on the 18th birthday, or whatever the minimum age is to write here)