jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What determines the starting value of a hub post?

1. intouch with Toni profile image77
    intouch with Toniposted 6 years ago

What determines the starting value of a hub post?

My most recent was the lowest hub post starting score ever, even though my hubber score is at its highest.

2. intouch with Toni profile image77
    intouch with Toniposted 6 years ago

actually, my latest hub started at 45 - and others have started above 50, so I'm not sure that is correct.  I understand that the number climbs as it gets views, comments, ratings - or falls from lack thereof, but every hub I've written thus far (all 4 of them lol) have had a different starting number.  In fact, even my very first hub had a starting score over 50!

3. courtlneygdtm profile image79
    courtlneygdtmposted 6 years ago

Starting hub scores fluctuate sometimes below 50, sometimes above 50.  Depending on what I'm writing about and the amount of research needed, sometimes I let my hubs "incubate" as drafts before I release them for publication. I like seeing the hub score number increase before publication, when actually no one has seen the hub yet.

--courtlneygdtm

4. Marie Gail profile image75
    Marie Gailposted 6 years ago

Good question, Toni! I've been wondering the same thing. I like the idea of letting hubs "incubate." I had unintentionally stumbled on that option myself in working on one of my longer hubs. I'll be following this to see what other answers come.

working