jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Another Earthquake 8.0

1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic … ff+Vanuatu

Two more earthquakes to report.  One near Hawaii in the Marshall islands but the tsunami warning was canceled.  Another last thursday in the Philippines.

1. yoshi97 profile image72
      yoshi97posted 8 years agoin reply to this

If Hawaii falls into the ocean before I ever get there I'm going to cry. sad

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Na, we wont fall into the ocean, we'd get covered by the sea.  Oh, I don't think that is any better. lol.

I am not too worried about it in Waimea unless a tsunami can travel 20 miles inland and up hill... can it?  No... though the locals talk about the airport being our biggest worry when it comes to tsunami.

I think then I would catch island fever.

Well ... it happened thousands of years ago, back on the isle of Crete, so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility ...

Never fear, I'll snag ya from the waters as you float by. smile

2. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 8 years ago

Stay safe smile 

Yoshi, Maui is beautiful, you should get there smile

Um ... I'm trying ... but the Save a Yoshi foundation isn't exactly raking in the chips. smile

3. pageantgirl31413 profile image81
    pageantgirl31413posted 8 years ago

Gosh, it just needs to stop. I want to move back to hawaii lol. I miss kona. Although I don't miss the huge earthquake in '06. That was terrifying. Yeah waimea is safe lol. Same as palasades where I used to live by the airport.

working