jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How does the scoring system work for hubs. How is it already scored before anyon

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

How does the scoring system work for hubs. How is it already scored before anyone even reads it?

2. McQueen3486 profile image59
    McQueen3486posted 6 years ago

I still don't get it. Some of my hubs are going up gradually, some going down. But I don't really understand why some would vote down the ones that they are. It's legitimate advice. Someone must be having a bad hair day.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I don't know. I once was had an unpublished essay that somehow acheived a relatively high score before rotating back down the conveyor belt. The system is very mysterious.

4. goody7 profile image76
    goody7posted 6 years ago

The best that I can tell is every new hub that you publish starts off with a score of 50, and then grows from that point. I hope this was some help to you.

5. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

HubScores and HubberScores (2 different things) are somewhat complicated. There are many factors that define your score. Scores are calculated by an algorithm (which is secret, not even the HubPages staff is totally aware of) and they will fluctuate regularly. This is normal. There are certain factors that dictate your score: quality of Hub content, Hub traffic, how much you participate in the Community by Answering Questions, leaving Comments on other's Hubs and posting in the Forums are just a few. I suggest you follow this link from the HubPages Learning Center. This is the HP official publication regarding HubScore and HubberScore calculations: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score

I hope this helps!

JSMatthew~

6. Marie Gail profile image78
    Marie Gailposted 6 years ago

J.S. Matthew's answer and link are excellent. I have paid careful attention to the ups and downs of the past few weeks and a few patterns have appeared to me for both HubScores and my HubberScore:

First, the popularity of a subject can change over time. My Christmas Hubs have sunk slowly over the past two weeks, even if they are receiving some traffic; but I can tell that they are not being accessed now by topical searches on HubPages, Google or Yahoo. Other Hubs have higher scores now than they did two weeks ago simply because more people are doing more searches on these topics.

Second, I have noticed that more relavant links included in your Hubs will give you a higher starting Hub score, as will keyword density that makes it easier for AdSense to attach relevant ads.

Of course these are only a few of the things that calculate into the equation. See J.S. Matthew's link for other answers. Remember also that your involvement on HubPages--reading, commenting, and so on--will effect your HubScores as well as your Hubber Score.

working