jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why does an unpublished hub have a hubscore?

1. LauraGSpeaks profile image97
    LauraGSpeaksposted 6 years ago

Why does an unpublished hub have a hubscore?

Does anyone know why my unpublished hub that I am still working on has a score already?  I am new to HubPages and still trying to figure it out.

2. dinkan53 profile image78
    dinkan53posted 6 years ago

Actually Hub score is the measure of quality of your publishing hubs. The score you noticed is the starting Hubscore about the topic you writing about and it will be fluctuating. You will get an idea about Hubscore and Hubberscore by visiting the learning center, please go through this link

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … bber-score

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

The real mystery is why does the score increase and decrease while unpublished? My theory is that any essay that follows the rules, has some semblence of a structure, and does not have too many grammatical errors will automatically float around with a score of between 50 and 80. Higher scores probably require high volume of traffic, positive feedback, and lots of comments. But I don't know and I don't get it. I'm just glad I can go back and edit.

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

There are two factors going on with an unpublished hub. One is that the quality of what is written in the text and the uniqueness of your title according to Google bots will affect how high the score is. That aspect is easy to follow.

However, unpublished hubs will automatically go up and down over time, and it is unclear why this happens. There seems to be some mechanism which randomly  does this. Once a hub is published, how well it does in traffic will affect the hub score and nothing is random anymore.

Do not worry about the score of your unpublished hubs until you are ready to publish them. They should have a score of at least 45 before you publish them.

5. urmilashukla23 profile image80
    urmilashukla23posted 6 years ago

I was wondering too. I think I got the answer.

6. myalee1234 profile image38
    myalee1234posted 6 years ago

The same thing with my unpublished articles  and i have scores to i dont know why

working