jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How do you decide which hubbers to follow?

1. Robie Benve profile image99
    Robie Benveposted 6 years ago

How do you decide which hubbers to follow?

What are the things that make you decide to "Follow" a hubber?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

If I share a related interest with the person and want to read more of their stuff, I follow'em. I tend to write mostly about music and movies so most of the folks I "follow" also write stuff in that vein.

I know some people will "follow back" anyone who follows them, but I never got into that habit.

3. DonnaCosmato profile image96
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

It depends on my motivation. For instance, I'm really interested in learning more about SEO and making money as a freelancer, so I follow the hubs of hubbers who regularly write on those topics. However, there are others with whom I've developed friendships because of our common interests, and I follow them because I enjoy reading their work and interacting with them. It's an individual thing and I dare say your reasons would be different than someone else:)

4. wonderingwoolley profile image56
    wonderingwoolleyposted 6 years ago

Usually I come across a hubber because I found their hub while browsing the Hub section, or because they commented on one of my hubs. I check out their profile, and see what they tend to write about. If it is something I would be continually interested in hearing about, or we have common interests, I will usually follow them so I can keep up on their interests and continue to learn more. Hope this helped!

5. Mentalist acer profile image60
    Mentalist acerposted 6 years ago

The Ones Who Do Not Follow More Than They In Return Follow.;-))OOO

6. sara xiao profile image59
    sara xiaoposted 6 years ago

You can just choose a topic which you are intersted in. This is the main reason for people to follow a hubber actually and sincerely.And you can get more interesting information when your follow hubber updates something,
    Hope this answer is fit for your question.Hah~

7. MisguidedGhost16 profile image60
    MisguidedGhost16posted 6 years ago

I usually look for pieces that are relatable to me. If I see common ground in their entries, or find a inique connection to what they're posting. I follow. A lot of times, for me, I am adding those who post poetry. If i can feel the passion in their words just from one entry. I follow.

8. ajayshah2005 profile image55
    ajayshah2005posted 6 years ago

I follow those hubbers who write the hubs of my interest. Sometimes i do follow the hubber who impresses me in the forum and Q/A posts.

9. wandererh profile image76
    wandererhposted 6 years ago

I will decide to follow a hubber if:

- the hubber hubs about things that I'm interested in, or am passionate about, or would like to know more about.
    - the hubber is new and shows promise.
    - the feedback on his hubs and profile indicates that his hubs are generally of high quality.

It also doesn't hurt if the hubber has:
    - commented in one of my hubs.
    - became one of my followers.
    - left an encouraging or complimentary remark.

10. hillymillydee profile image60
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

I follow someone with this categories:

I follow someone who is successful, with useful ideas and intelligent answers so I can learn.