jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I was told that some websites are not fit for S.E.O. like flash websites. Is it

1. VidaLovesLife profile image75
    VidaLovesLifeposted 6 years ago

I was told that some websites are not fit for S.E.O. like flash websites. Is it true?

2. lifeintoronto profile image61
    lifeintorontoposted 6 years ago

Yes it's absolutely true. To be able to access, spider, list and rank a website, search engines need words to work with - that is, content. Search engines are not able to read Flash files and images. There is a way around it, such as filling in "alt" tags for images - that is describing with words what the image is about, which is necessary if you have a basically image website. They are unable to read Flash files. Of course skillful developers have a few approaches to make Flash websites more readable by search engines, but it's a hard work.  Flash websites may look pretty but no one will find them.

3. mithu143 profile image59
    mithu143posted 6 years ago

Yes, Flash Websites are bad for SEO simply because Search Engines like Google cannot read them. So it is always a better idea to have text combined with flash for your websites.

4. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

i second what the others say. it is best to keep your website simple for good SEO unless it is a super hugh website which already has many links and other content

5. Jester98 profile image74
    Jester98posted 6 years ago

Well.. lol if I was building a site I would not use flash, but that is not to say you cannot get a flash site to rank. A lot of times using flash you can really make your site awesome and the user experience even better which I feel is a metric Google looks at. So if your site has an avg  of 10minutes plus onsite time, then google knows this and we usually give you a hi 5 for that lol.

There are also a lot of little tags and what not you can add to help with the onsite seo of flash sites.

There are reasons to have an not to have, but I wont build any flash sites anymore. Most cool flash sites out there are huge brand name sites anyway and they just get ranked because a bazillion people "yes its a real #" are linking to them ;-)

working