jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is there any negative impact to deleting old comments on older hubs that I want

1. Millercl profile image78
    Millerclposted 6 years ago

Is there any negative impact to deleting old comments on older hubs that I want to revise and renew?

2. Jewelz1313 profile image79
    Jewelz1313posted 6 years ago

I don't think that there would be any negative impact, however, I wouldn't delete it. I would just revise it and state that it has been revised from an earlier comment.  But that's just me.

3. msshandriaball profile image71
    msshandriaballposted 6 years ago

I was told it was okay.I heard negative comments hurt hubs.If you revise the hub the comments may longer have merit so i would delete the negative comments

4. Jessi10 profile image77
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

no, it can be done. If you dont want to, and want to freshen up your hubs and comments, you can just set up the comments to display NEWER comments FIRST. I do this and it helps my readers see which Hubs I keep up with the most!
    Check them out!

5. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

I don't believe so but why delete comments? You can edit the hub and save it again and continue on.

6. molometer profile image85
    molometerposted 6 years ago

It may have a 'slight' effect re:+ Google. The crawler bots like to see updates and increasing content length, a reduction in the length (comments) may appear to the bots that the page has been damaged or severely edited.

They are programs what do they know?
    They look for specific information.
    As long as that is retained,
    it should be fine to reduce the comments.

Check out the hubs on SEO for the things to watch out for. Or watch the SEO tutorial by hubpages staff.

7. hawkdad73 profile image67
    hawkdad73posted 6 years ago

I say no, especially if they are out of date, derogatory, or irrelevant.  That's a good way to spruce up your hubs.