jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe that having premarital sex had a negative impact on your lovelife

1. Ellana317 profile image79
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

Do you believe that having premarital sex had a negative impact on your lovelife?

This question is directed towards everone, christians/non-christians, athiests, and agnostics ect.  Do you believe your life would be better or that you would've skipped regrets had you waited until you were married to have sex?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6880569_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

No, I don't believe having had pre-marital sex placed a negative impact on my lovelife. If anything I believe it helps one to become a better lover as well as teaches them what they like and dislike. Sexual incompatibility often leads to cheating.
    Some people are better lovers or fit better with each other. I never bought into the idea that someone who has never had sex over the span of 25 years of life will suddenly become a red hot passionate love machine on their wedding night.
    Another theory I never bought into is "ignorance is bliss", meaning if two virgins get married they won't know what "bad sex" is because they have nothing to compare it with. Women in particular who have never experienced an orgasm will wonder why other women enjoy sex so much. She may think there is something wrong with her or maybe start to think another man might take her to new heights...etc
    You can't manufacture chemistry. It's either there or it's not.
    When it comes to marriage I think it's best to know what you're signing up for in advance. One man's opinion! :-)

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

no, i honestly believe that having sex before i got married was a good thing. it's sex and it's good for you, it's fun and it is a great way to spend time with someone. i would never even date a virgin never mind marry one.

4. lburmaster profile image85
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

No. I was raised a Christian and still believe in the faith. My partner and I both had sex before meeting each other. If anything, it has helped our relationship and love life.

5. opiningminion profile image61
    opiningminionposted 5 years ago

No. Understanding yourself completely, including sexually, can only engender a healthier, happier you.

6. Ellana317 profile image79
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

Interesting perspectives here.  I guess for me I'd have to say in some ways it did hinder my lovelife.   I am a single mother and as much as I love my child I would much rather have shared that experience with my husband.  That said, being a single parent and dating presents lots of challenges.  But what can I say, hindsight is always 20/20.  You live and you learn though.

7. hi friend profile image60
    hi friendposted 5 years ago

I think it depends on person to person, it is something related to broadest outlook.

working