jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Does not having a Google+ button on our hubs have a negative impact on your Goog

1. dragnhaze profile image60
    dragnhazeposted 5 years ago

Does not having a Google+ button on our hubs have a negative impact on your Google+ shares?

I noticed when I share on Google+ that my share is now just a boring link with no rss feed info is that because there is no more Google+ buttons on our hubs?

2. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

When hubpages made all of the formatting changes their research showed that many people who use google+ share from a button on their browser. I use google chrome and downloaded the google+ extention. I assume it works the same for all other browsers.

I think many google+ users use the browser button because then they can use it for any website and when they are on a website they can see how many other people have +1'd it.

The browser button works exactly the same as the button on the hubs did.

1. dragnhaze profile image60
      dragnhazeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Except that the Google+ extention is only for the google chrome browser, and there are a lot of people who refuse to switch over to chrome due to government involvement and privacy concerns and when they + your hub it leaves just an ugly link

2. nochance profile image93
      nochanceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I did not realize that the g+ button didn't work on other browsers (I don't use them). I was just quoting the hubpages blog's reasoning for removing the button. Personally I like chrome, I've never had a problem with it, and I can use the +1 button.

3. dragnhaze profile image60
      dragnhazeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I did read the HubPages blog about the Google+ button, however I did not realize that meant that any browser other than Google Chrome that shares a hub will only be sharing an ugly link with no description.

working