jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Does Goog's Still See Hubpages as Spammy?

1. Mercredi profile image65
    Mercrediposted 6 years ago

Does Goog's Still See Hubpages as Spammy?

Does Google still HATE hubpages like during the Panda update? Do any of you use Hubapges for SEO (links to your other sites) and are those hub links of any value? Does the big G still see hubs as spammy?

2. molometer profile image86
    molometerposted 6 years ago

I think some long time Google users have actually missed the point of the new changes. Google wants us to share but with very specific targeting. And using those blue buttons.

If someone asks to join one of your circles and then complains that you are posting to them?

We must ask the question. Have they suffered from some kind of mental retardation in some way or are they just just trolls? Or have they not RTFM.

Out of over 500 followers on Google I have had 2 people that have asked to not be posted. Not a bad ratio I would suggest.

Some people will moan just for the sake of it. Hubpages is not in my opinion considered spammy. I could be wrong but not from what I see.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Wasn't that the purpose with the whole subdomain change, to get over that issue once and for all. Bad subdomains are not supposed to be dragging reputable Hubbers down, since each subdomain is viewed as a separate website.

4. cyoung35 profile image86
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

Most of my traffic to my hubs are from google and yes, some of the hubs link to my sites. In turn people that read the hubs will sometimes visit my sites. This is just another way to get traffic to your sites and as long as you write content that people want to read it will help your overall goal of getting more visitors. As far as SEO, I believe content is king in whatever your trying to do.

5. brittanytodd profile image95
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

In the past week, the views I've gotten from Google are three times as many as the views I got from HubPages.  I think that if you write quality content that has keywords and is specific, Google will love you!  Good luck.

6. ComfortB profile image87
    ComfortBposted 6 years ago

I don't believe that Google still view HP as spam, else I wouldn't be getting so many Google hits. My traffic from Google has trippled.

7. harshad2011 profile image61
    harshad2011posted 6 years ago

I agree with ComfortB . I do not feel it treats the domain hubpages.com as spammer.