jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Do you ever get disappointed when you publish a Hub and no one reads it right aw

1. toys-everywhere profile image59
    toys-everywhereposted 6 years ago

Do you ever get disappointed when you publish a Hub and no one reads it right away?

Sometimes I do-- not out of arrogance or self-importance; I feel like a new Hub says, "Hey! I'm here!" and I get all excited that I've published something, and no one reads it right then. :'( Tragic.

2. BlissfulWriter profile image66
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

No, I don't worry if no one read it right then.  I would give it some time.  I only get disappointed when the Hub gets zero page views in the entire month.  But I still keep writing, because some Hubs will get good page views while others will get zero.  It is difficult to predict which will do what.  So I just write what I want to write.

3. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do, then I go to work and market the hub.  Do this by sharing hub on Facebook and linking it to another of my hubs.

4. THEHuG5 profile image61
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

No because I usually publish my hubs pretty late but it is exciting when you're getting responses early. If it doesn't get any views within a day or 2 then yea I get kinda bummed but they always get views sooner or later.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Truthfully I don't think about it.  I usually publish then log off.  Sometimes the following day I may check it but seriously, for me it the writing I love - anyone reading it is just a bonus.

6. asherruth profile image74
    asherruthposted 6 years ago

I do, but for me it's for different reasons. If I have no page views I will never generate an income and while it's nice to write, it will do no good if it doesn't pay my bills.

7. CZCZCZ profile image84
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

No, I realized a long time ago when you are creating content online sometimes it just doesnt work for whatever reason, keep at it and you will write some great hubs that garner the views their worth.

8. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Yes, it does affect me, more earlier when I was new, less now. I realise now that the law of averages catches up if the hub is good and the topic interests the reader here. With a day or 2 at the max, things are ok.

9. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

Yes,I do, however for me there are different reasons. If I have less page views and if I have below the score of 75 like I have.

10. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 6 years ago

Sure do, but in the meantime I tend to work on other things. Once they're done, I'll see how long it was since I last checked views etc, and hopefully have a comment too ^^

11. DonnaCosmato profile image97
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

No...I think of writing like tending my garden. The little seeds need time to germinate, soak up nutrition, and grow strong. The key is to keep your focus on the planting (and weeding!) When the harvest comes in, it's just your just reward for your hard labor. I like to follow this scripture from 2 Corinthians 9:6 "But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly, and he that soweth bountifully shall also reap bountifully." (KJV, used with permission.)

12. athena2011 profile image56
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I don't let it get to me. I know that once I've done good work on the hub and then promote it that it will eventually get readers. Try not to take it personally or worry too much about it.

13. Luti Febrian W profile image41
    Luti Febrian Wposted 6 years ago

no, i'll be understand. maybe my hubs not interesting at all, maybe all hubbers get bussy, maybe im not publish my hubs at the right time.

and writing a hubs is not my ambition, i just make it as a new pleasure...

14. patbess profile image59
    patbessposted 6 years ago

Yes...don't we all????
    Sometimes you write about topics that are not necessarily interesting to a lot of poeple so you just have to deal with it

working