What do you consider to be decent page views for a hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (137 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years ago

I hear people talking all the time about hubs that produce good readership, but I know this number differs for many.  In your case, how many views per month do you think is good for any given article?  Just curious.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

100 per day is what I personally consider good. I'll be happy with over 50 as well.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

So you are saying 1500 to 3000 per month per article?  You must be spending all of your time running to the bank!

I didn't say all mine get that many views a day. Just what  I would consider good.

2. robhampton profile image94
      robhamptonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

My hubs are very seasonal, but last year in June, July and august, my most popular hub was around 29,000-32,000 views per month.

That is a HUGE number!  Good for you!  Even if that is only seasonal, that kind of number can carry you through the lean times nicely.

2. Huntgoddess profile image67
        Huntgoddessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wow that is really awesome.

Your Hubs are great, and I can see why they're seasonal!

WTG! I hope I will be at your level someday.

3. SpaceShanty profile image93
      SpaceShantyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

More is always better! 
      I am getting about 500 views a day on one hub and a few others 50-100 a day, the rest can be zero! 
      If you are writing to get views you have to do keyword research, provide something that is unique and people are looking for without high authority sites providing the same content, even if yours is better you won't outrank them.
      Don't rely on Google, join FB,G+ groups and forums and self promote.  Pinterest is good for the right types of Hubs with attractive pictures, think fashion/garden/food/pets but de-worming Hubs probably won't do that well on Pinterest!

Great advice. I think it is becoming increasingly difficult to compete for readers, and Google is not helping us!   I think anybody who wants to earn here must learn how to use Amazon ads well and write on topics that encourage products.

2. keishialeelouis profile image60
        keishialeelouisposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the  advice. It looks like working out a good niche is key to having decent traffic, Right?

4. robhampton profile image94

You know, it's really funny that hubbers usually ignore what I comment on most of the time. I'm convinced that people think I am l full of crap that I get well over 50,000 views per month with only 28 hubs. Some, day, maybe, someday somebody will actually listen to or read what I have wrote about SEO. I have added so many comments over the years and all have been ignored. So now, I sit back and just collect the money and feel sorry for even the seasoned hubbers. I've tried to help, tried to give my opinion and have advised on some serious SEO. So.... I currently dominate the swimming pool industry on google with just hubpages alone. Don't believe me? Search for "Green Pool" on Google. Search for "Rain in pool" or "Does rain affect pool water".... Or "set a pool timer" ... Oh, and by the way, when you find another pool article on Hubpages (which there are), Scroll down and look at the "related " articles. It's difficult to find one that isn't mineI have worked hard on my articles, so all you pansies that have ignored all my comments in the past (trying to be helpful) well, I will continue to enjoy first page of Google with general keyword searches and continue to let you all squabble about how smart you all think you are. Sooo..... Let your mind wander, do a search on Google for any swimming pool question! Guarantee you will see at least one of my articles on the first page. Now ya'll have fun tools!

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I can understand your frustration. That's why I often avoid the forums for 6 months or more. Takes energy to provide explanations.

1. robhampton profile image94

Well, at least someone understands! lol Ya, I try not to get too involves either, but hard not to when newbies or even oldies are talking about SEO. I've made it, I can't get much higher on Google with most of my articles. I think that what people don't understand is it's not like searching for "RAIN IN POOL WATER ROBHAMPTON.HUBPAGES", NO! I have literally dominated Google. For some reason, Google likes my articles, therefore they rank on top with very minimal, general search terms.

Exactly. You can rank #1 for purple pigeon poop, but if no one is Googling it, it's pointless.

Makes me giggle every time I see the purple pigeon poop example lol.

Well that was stupid, cuz everyone wants to fix their pool for free, so hardly purple pidgion poop. How many impressions a day you getting? I can tell you that I had a payout last year just short of $700.00 for one month. So my pidgion crap seems to be paying off

Yikes! Cranky much! I was agreeing with you.

I was saying that ranking number 1 for "Purple Pigeon Poop" is the same as ranking number 1 for ""RAIN IN POOL WATER ROBHAMPTON.HUBPAGES",  as you said.

2. lobobrandon profile image88

300 a day on one the rest are seasonal and get 200 a day or so when they peak. Not gonna give out specifics.

2. robhampton profile image94

Ok Mr. Pigeon Poop, This was last year, I expect to double this year.. take a REAL GOOD LOOK!! Mr. pigeon poop boy. What are YOU earning??? I guess people really are searching for pigeon crap!

I love when these Hubbers think they know all!  People seem to think when they see my profile with 28 hubs, that must mean I ain't making much., I beg to differ. It's about content, SEO and just knowing how to get an article to the top. My so called "Pigeon Poop" is EXACTLY what people are searching for this time of year and I am BANKING on it! So go ahead, Search for "Pigeon Poop", your picture will probably show up first under images! lol

1. keishialeelouis profile image60

Even this was a good clue about images. People can rank on the first page with those (or videos) even if they can't through the words. Great stuff!

2. WryLilt profile image88

You may want to remove that screenshot, as it breaks HP TOS wink

It won't let me, unless I'm not seeing something here

Click the "More" button and then "Edit". However, after a certain amount of time, that option will disappear.

In case you added the pic here by importing try deleting it from the source.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

What you're not seeing is that we are not supposed to discuss specifics of what we earn.  You can get banned for doing that!

By the way, Wry Lilt is a woman.

3. lobobrandon profile image88

Hey Rob Wrylilt was just giving an example, I don't think Pigeon Poop was intended for you. As a matter of fact she sided you.

Well that's around 60 a day per hub on average pretty close to what I get too, so I do believe you lol. I've read a few of your hubs before btw.

60 per day by average.  A few lame ones get a few hits per week but the good ones are several hundred per day per hub. In june and july they will be several thousand per day. Staytuned for last summers screenshot

You definitely are writing on a good topic.  I thought mine was good until I saw your figures!  Good job!

3. Denmarkguy profile image84
        Denmarkguyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sounds to me like you are doing exactly the right thing... have a niche, stick to it, and OWN it. That's what "authority" looks like, from where I am sitting...

Well, that's just it. a good niche. There's someone one here, I want to say wilderness??, that writes alot about electrical DIY stuff. I'm guessing that he does well year round. Mine is EXTREMELY seasonal. In the cold months, lucky to get a payout, but from about now until the end of september, I will definatley bank! I did last summer and expect to do even better this year. I laugh when they talk about searching for "Pigeon Poop" only because I know the niche doesn't even compare to a stupid internet search. Google Analytics proves to me that I am doing well, when in real time anywhere from 5 to 40 people viewing at any given moment throughout the day. Right now averaging around 1400 per day, but last year in July I think My most views in one day was in excess of 6,000 for one day. I will reach my Million views accolade for sure this year, probably in August

4. keishialeelouis profile image60

I just read your article about How to Make Money on Hubpages. It was very helpful. Thanks!

5. profile image0
      Snakesmumposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The way traffic is these days, I'll take any view I can get!   :-) 

Guess I need to find a more popular topic to write about........

6. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this interesting thread.
      I have a lot that get over 1000 a month but I try to write (and rarely achieve) an article that will perform as a few of my best, that get over 10,000 a month.
      I really do not think there is any secret to it. As Nate has pointed out in the past, you need to add good keywords to make sure the hub can be found. WryLilts suggestion to use the Google Autosuggest is great, and in my opinion is a lot better way to find titles than any of the keyword tools. And of course I think it is important to write fresh and original content that people will share and add as a link to their site.

7. Denmarkguy profile image84
      Denmarkguyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'd consider 1000 views/month good... I have a couple of hubs that get close most months. Many of mine stay in the 100-500 views per month range...

I don't (for the most part) follow conventional wisdom with SEO, etc.-- my articles here are mainly in support of a narrow niche in which I have broadbased expertise/authority-- because I don't write to (or go looking for) "popular" or "in demand" topics, I'm somewhat "boxed in" by the niche, and nothing I write is ever going to "go viral," but that's not really my ambition, either. On the flipside, every time I write something new, it pretty much has a guaranteed built-in audience. The way I look at it, my occasional $50 payouts pay for my hosting fees for a half dozen web sites, so it's all good!

8. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Depends how much money the traffic is going to earn me.

A hub that only gets 20 views a day but makes an amazon sale or two every day will normally be worth a lot more than a hub that gets 500 views per day and is monetised through adsense/HP ads.

It also depends a bit on the (search) traffic potential of a hub. A hub may have reached its traffic potential at say 50 views per day, by ranking well for its main keywords. I'd be happy with that. Yet if a hubs potential was 1000 per day and it was only getting 50 I'd be working on it.

Interesting take on this issue.  How do you know what the potential for a hub is?

1. Susana S profile image93
          Susana Sposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Use Google's keyword planner to check the search volume for the main keyphrases targeted in your article. It'll give you some idea of what level of traffic to expect once your page gets some decent SERPs positions.

9. stricktlydating profile image84
      stricktlydatingposted 8 years agoin reply to this

More than 1000 views a day per Hub ongoing (Over the years) If not I add more content and update photos and headings. I don't get involved with SEO (Probably because I don't know much about it).  120 Hubs over 7 million views.

That's pretty darned good, I'd say!

10. toptengamer profile image87
      toptengamerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

30 to 40 a day is where you want to try and be. In between you'll have a lot of strikeouts and homeruns along the way.

11. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

After reading all of the input I got here, I must say I am absolutely shocked to hear how well so many people are doing!  Why?  Because all I've been hearing for a long time is complaining about low page views.  Although my subdomain is a strict niche and in a well liked topic, it gets nowhere near most of the numbers I've seen here.  During the summer months my site does well, but the rest of the year it kind of dies. 

I started a second non niche site, and it is doing horribly bad!  However, I haven't done a whole lot with it yet.

To say I'm depressed is an understatement because I put a great deal of time into my hubs, follow all the rules, etc., etc....and yet!

I'm sure glad I don't do this for the money!

12. profile image0
      Shroudsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am still  waiting for views actually,I have 2 articles published at present time and aiming for more in future.

13. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you everyone for the immensely 'valuable' information discussed openly and honestly from my perspective. There in my view is a vast difference between the business of internet writing, the hobby per se, the learning experience of writing, and other reasons too most assuredly such as a passion for something or anything. Determining purpose will have an impact with the marketed profile with articles and its interactions on the browser, web, and internet.

If revenue - money, is the focus, then most certainly the focus should be on the 'business' of writing for profit achieved through article sales - views and etc, the ratio of article success, especially regarding site specific (Any site - HP, Blog, Website & etc), and their interactions with marketing a product. It comes down to what is the product, which includes service and services, is there a market, where is the marketplace, and then marketing the product. Its no different than having a lemonade stand or fortune 500 company.

Passion is an interesting source of energy and it may easily become a resource. The passion of writing becomes the passion of authoring. IMHO the difference between writing and authoring is the author takes upon them self the responsibility of/for the passionately written article. Most assuredly many here at HP have discovered that pathway receiving success be that commercial enterprise, social enterprise, or both. A nod of respect and a tip of the hat.

Again, thank you for those who have discovered that pathway sharing a wealth of knowledge here at this forum post. It is immensely appreciated :-)

tim

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 8 years ago

So TIMETRAVELER are you talking about making a lot of money? Or a lot of traffic and just a little money?

I'm just purely talking about traffic numbers here, but obviously someone who gets 3,000 views per month on an article is making some decent money, especially if numerous articles are getting those kinds of views.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
        The Examiner-1posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well I made 10K views total here and looking on GA at separate Hubs there were many views each but after 2 yrs. I have only $17. No payout yet.

Perhaps you should try writing on some different topics, especially ones that can earn money for you via Amazon.

2. brakel2 profile image72
          brakel2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Keep up the good work. You will eventually make payout. These past two years have been sparse.

Thank you brakel2, I took them in stride. I did wonder why I did not receive outside comments even though there were many views.

3. Huntgoddess profile image67

I have no payout yet, either. I've been here four years.

It's fun to write anyway. I like HP for lots of reasons.

I like HP too - for many reasons - including the other Hubbers.

1. Huntgoddess profile image67

Yes, true. TE.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

100 views per hub, per day? Yeesh, I can only dream of such traffic. Shoot, if I get 100 views a day spread out across ALL of my hubs, I'm doin' a frickin happy dance. I find it's best to keep my expectations low, therefore I'm rarely disappointed.

But seriously...I used to drive myself nuts obsessing about my views-per-day and trying to find new avenues for drawing traffic but it was taking up too much of my time and I wasn't having much luck with it anyway... so after about a year here I finally said "Y'know what? F@#k it!" and I stopped worrying about it. It was obvious that I was never gonna do more than small potatoes in terms of traffic/earnings 'round here so it was pointless for me to keep chasing after Google, trying to appease some a**hole algorithm that I will never fully understand and which changes its damn mind every other day anyway.

...so now I post stuff and if it takes off, hey, that's great. If not, I go "OK, so you didn't like that one, eh Internet? Fine, how'bout this one?" and I try again. No, it's not the most profitable way to do things around here, but it's sure a hell of a lot less stressful.

I get a lot of views but only a few cents per day. I hope for more but it has been happening for 2 years so....

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

+1

FFD --- You read my mind exactly.

I was spending so much valuable time reading all these instructions regarding how to get traffic, etc, I realized I would be better off just writing.

Try to write things that people might enjoy reading.

Now I just use the KISS method:  -- Keep It Simple, Sweetheart!

4. MarieLB profile image74
      MarieLBposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi FatFreddyCat, Thank you for verbalizing your feelings for me.  I sometimes get so frustrated with the see-sawing scores that they tell us to ignore, yet how can I, when they face me every time I look!
      My feelings are very similar to yours, but I could never have explained them so well.

I could improve my writing, if only I could stretch the hours. . . . .

4. Jason Marovich profile image89
    Jason Marovichposted 8 years ago

300 views for one hub in a month is high for me.

The most views I ever had was approx 2250 in two hours, one hub.  It happens, just not often.

5. paradigm search profile image55
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

Anything that gets daily views I'm certainly not going to delete anytime soon.

Anything that gets 10+ daily views I classify as awesome.

Anything that gets 100+ daily views I classify as the 9th Wonder of the World.

Haha I have one that I'm particularly proud of that just has 20 a month, but I'm not gonna delete that one. Too competitive of a niche.

1. TheDragonBringer profile image92
        TheDragonBringerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have two hubs that I am considering deleting. I'm just to much of a chicken to do it!

Too funny!

Yes, absolutely, PS.

Thanks.

6. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 8 years ago

I'm with lobobrandon. A hundred I consider good, but anywhere around 50 is good too. At one time I've had hubs that got hundreds of views, but after the Panda hit last September, those get around 50-200 views, maybe, their traffic goes up and down and now are sitting under a hundred views since after this last Google algorithm hit which we've been unable to identify.

This is not to say every hub gets that many. No one has every single hub get huge views. The 80/20 rule is true; 20 percent of your hubs will bring in 80 percent of your traffic.

7. Mark Lees profile image77
    Mark Leesposted 8 years ago

I don't worry too much about it. I have found that the hubs that get most views tend to be lower quality click-bait kind of hubs. The better quality hubs tend to be in dry subjects which get few views (unless something happens in the news which relates).

I use my hubs mainly to explore my own understanding of areas that I am writing about. The best I have had is 300 in a day but most are lucky to get that many in a month. I wrote one over a month ago which was very high quality but which had only had 30 views in total. I am keeping it up for now but when I get some spare time I may try to adapt it to make it more popular - I am not adverse to writing popular hubs it just isn't my motivation for being on here.

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree that higher-quality hubs get less traffic. I've found that the more in-depth and instructional, even insightful, the less traffic.

8. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 8 years ago

If I could get 25 views a day on the majority of my hubs, I'd be satisfied. I think 50 per day is awesome. If I received 100 a day on a few hubs, I'd be super happy. I don't know what more than that looks like. I can only imagine and hope. I'm actually grateful for any view I can get. It means the hub still has a pulse.

25 per day per hub??  That's a lot of views!  It means that if you have 100 hubs,  you're getting 2500 views per month.   I have very few that get that many daily, but I have some that are way more every month, so it balances out.

1. janshares profile image93
        jansharesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha ha, I wish! I have 3 or 4 hubs that get 20-25 a day or more. Most hubs get trickles of traffic. About 10+ get 0 views per day but do get some views per month. The one that used to get 75-100 a day no longer gets that, maybe 40-75, depending on the day.
        So, anyway, TIMETRAVELER2, having 80 hubs does not calculate into a lot of views at all. sad I agree that 2 or 3 of my consistently searched/evergreen  hubs help to balance things out.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97

I just counted mine after I read your comment--I have 41 hubs with 0 views today, which is about average!

Yeah, I checked mine and it's much higher than 10+ but it does fluctuate.

2. janshares profile image93

I was waaaay off with that number, DrMark, not paying attention. It's 50 today. I was only looking at the bottom and not throughout the entire list of hubs. I don't know if that's average, never paid attention to it.

I'm glad you brought that up.  It seems that every day almost half of my articles get zero views, but it's never the same half!  Some that get zero one day, can get 20-50 the next...so I can't just drop them!  I don't even have 100 hubs right now because I cull out the low performers every so often.  Doesn't seem to make much of a difference, because I more or less get the same number of views most days!  Odd, huh?

Do you think you are culling too severely? I hesitate to delete a lot of those articles that get 0 views per day, even if they do not add much to my total views.

I've been accused of doing that, but I know there must be reasons why the views are low.  If I am unable to find them, then I see no point in keeping them...of course I do this after a period of time.

When I look at Rob Hampton's figures I am more convinced than ever that writing on the correct topic and doing it well is more important than the number of hubs you write.  Many would disagree with this, but Rob, Writer Fox and several others do quite well with fewer articles, but the ones they produce really knock the ball out of the park.

Some of mine do, too, but my numbers will never be as good as theirs because the niche I chose to write in is too limited...much more than I realized when I chose it.  Oh well...sigh!

1. NateB11 profile image88
                NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Subject matter has a lot to do with it. I originally mostly wrote about martial arts because I know the subject, but turns out people don't surf the net for that subject. Some things just won't get traffic; or a little traffic but not enough.

I don't get as many as Rob does, but I don't think we knock the ball out of the park all the time, I've deleted plenty of hubs over time. And I write new ones and most get deleted due to lack of traffic. I just keep the ones getting traffic as there's something right there.

I think the success revolves around one thing... Money! People turn to the internet to save money. I know how much I charge for certain pool services, so if someone can figure out how to do it themselves, they are certainly going to try. I am pretty sure that people who write articles about say, Auto repair, Electrical things (Like how to hang a ceiling fan or install a 3-way switch), or maybe how to fix your A/C or heat, or whatever. Who wants to pay an electrician like $200.00 to come in and wire up a couple of switches? or pay me $500.00 to come drain and acid wash their pool? No, most people are going to turn to the internet and be pretty determined to do it themselves. This is why my hubs do well. I have a Hub about treating puppies for the ParvoVirus and I get quite a bit of traffic on that one simply because people don't want to spend $1500.00 at the vet. Just my 2 cents worth but I honestly think higher traffic hubs are going to be hubs that save the average consumer money.

Rob:

No question that you have come up with a very important point.  However, hitting on topics that provide this info is not easy!

9. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 8 years ago

My highest viewed hub right now gets about 1,000 views a day.

Don't always assume that views equals money - I have a website getting nearly 9,000 views/day which only makes a few hundred a month, much less than I'd like.

You and I both know that you are a well trained expert at online writing who knows how to use SEO et al.  Many people would kill to make that "few hundred" you consider to not be "quite enough".  I applaud your success but do feel that few people here are able to equal it.

Self taught. And I also never use "SEO" in the way most people do it. People think it's very complicated when in fact, they skip the simple things, because they look TOO simple.

I thought I read somewhere that you have a degree in this field.  Sorry.

I studied journalism. All my online knowledge is self taught.

You make a good point here that many seem to forget.  During the summer season I make as much if not more from Amazon ads than I do from my articles.  I don't overdo the ads because this is not necessary, but I always try to include at least one.  The ideal is to do well with both, but those ads can really increase income significantly.

10. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

It took me a little while, but I eventually realized that I am completely, utterly, totally clueless about S.E.O.and that trying to learn it on the fly was taking up way too much of my time...and that I would be happier using that time to continue writing and posting goofy s**t.  big_smile

I've been here four years too. I've made a bit of random beer money here and there thanks to the HubPages Ad Program, but I'll probably be dead before I ever see a Google AdSense payout. I don't even bother to check my AdSense balance anymore. Glaciers move faster than it does. big_smile

LOL  ROFL, FFC.
      I am in that boat, as well. Thanks.

11. erorantes profile image49
    erorantesposted 8 years ago

Over the moths that I have been reading many hubs. I see. Some hubs are original, meaningful, beautiful and creative. Others hubs looks good and not original. We need to write hubs that captures the audience. We can  do it with some creativity ad originally.

12. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 8 years ago

Thanks for posting this thread TT2 - This has been a burning question for me since day one at HP. And all of the answers are very illuminating!

I had a hub on my other HP account getting 300-400 views a day. After Panda September it now ranges from 15-20 views a day.  It was also making about $100 a month in A Sales; now not so much. So sad about me...

On this account my good hubs were doing about 150-240 a day. That is off a bit right now as well, but that is the bar I judge my HP success by right now. I have 8 above the 50 views per day average; the others get a trickle or an occasional boost in traffic. So I end up with about 35,000 monthly on average.  In about 50 days I will reach the half million mark. Too bad that is not a legitimate milestone. I think it should be.

Only one hub consistently provides daily amazon sales; I wish I could repeat that on my other hubs.

To date my best performing article is the very first one I wrote on my blog; it gets 400+ a day.  So I guess I have been headed down hill since then.

Hi Solaras. Daily Amazon sales? I get a few each week. What do you think is different about that hub that leads it to make so many Amazon sales?

1. Solaras profile image95
        Solarasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dr. Mark: I think it provides several solutions, along with their customer satisfaction, to a common problem that dog owners experience. My articles that drive sales usually give the best value product for those on a budget, the top of the line product and the highest in customer satisfaction. Sometimes I throw in a popular product that isn't really very good, and explain why it should be avoided. Over the course of a week, I have sales for all 3 recommended products.

13. Zhivko Stanev profile image60
    Zhivko Stanevposted 8 years ago

I consider 200 visits per day for a minimum to call a hub "a good one". In my experience, it is the minimum when you start making a profit. I am not saying profit is the only important thing, but it is definitely a reliable metric.

14. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 8 years ago

For what it's worth - about three years ago, the site admins informed people in the Apprenticeship program that the average hub gets 50 views a month.  Since that was an 'average' - it means the number was likely derived from the total number of views all hubs on the site received in one month divided by the total number of published hubs.

I do not have any current numbers or info - just wanted to share that, in case it's food for thought.

I wonder if that has gone up any with the QAP?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's a good question - maybe the admins can chime in?  Actually, I think the aggregate information is available on sites that monitor traffic - maybe that's a way to compare current data. 

Writer Fox - where are you???

1. Writer Fox profile image32
          Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

In Jerusalem, about to start the holidays.  Chag Sameach!

Shavuot right? Got a Jewish friend on Tribal Wars who told me about it smile Is it a celebration or just a remembrance where you just read out the ten commandments in the synagogue?

1. Writer Fox profile image32
              Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Right.  It is the festival of giving: giving to God from the first fruits of the new year's harvest, and giving to the foreigners, the fatherless children and the widows who live among us:
              https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s … rsion=NASB

Shavuot baskets in Israel:
              http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12424888.jpg

Shavuot at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem (standing room only!) in May, 2012, with about 200,000 in attendance:
              http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12424893.jpg

Nice :-) thanks for sharing those pics

2. colorfulone profile image77
                colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful photos.

Nothing to do with with the original post, but only the recent conversation sparked my interest. For about 6 months I did the sound and video for a "messianic" jewish church. I HAD to pay attention and listen in order to change presentation slides on Que. What do you think of the Messianic Jewish religion? Edited.... When I was at the services, very powerful dance and song. From what I've gathered, I think the Messianic Jewish believe that they are the 144,000 that the bible speaks of. I am a Christian who was the sound guy for a church who rented out space for the Messianic Temple and was asked to do the sound and video, but what an interesting experience!

I think Messianic Judaism (and other Judaism also) is very cool.

I'm not personally involved, but I like it.

I also know that Reform and Orthodox consider them Christians. I think they should just call themselves whatever they want. It's nobody's beeswax.

Nowadays, so few people practice  or believe any faith at all --- we should all just be welcoming each other as children of the same God.

On the other hand, I certainly also understand the restrictions, as well.

2. Jason Marovich profile image89
              Jason Marovichposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Tribal Wars is epic fun.  I played there for a few years (first version).

Haha yeah big_smile

2. Jason Marovich profile image89

That's right about where I'm at excluding unfeatured hubs.

Have you thought about setting up multiple accounts for different niches? (Baseball, Detroit, Politics, etc) I wonder if the search engines have decided that your articles should be placed lower on their pages since you write about numerous subjects.
        Do any others who write in niches have this sort of performance? Please let us know if you do.

1. Jason Marovich profile image89

Thanks for your advice.

I've thought about it in the past.  I guess I came to the conclusion that my goals for writing here don't match up with the realities of writing here.

I love HubPages and I don't like to belittle it, but the realities are:

1.  It doesn't pay much.

2.  It takes social networking to get any feedback.  Casual search engine users aren't likely to take time to make comments.

3.  The updating requirement gets old.

4.  It's time consuming and I don't have the spare time like I used to.

5.  I put the odds of the site being in existence three years from now at 50:50.

I've taken to guest writing for free on other sites to satisfy my article-scribbling passion.  And I work at a job where writing is real work and by the time I put in a full day my mind is a little scrambled.  LOL.

All that having been said, you never know.  I might just pop up on another sub-domain writing about Detroit or Baseball or Politics.  I'll play it by ear for now.

It doesn't take social networking. Search engine browsers do leave comments on my hubs quite often when they were helped in anyway. Most of the social comments are just tit-for-tat comments if you know what I mean.

15. profile image0
    Engeltaposted 8 years ago

I think you can reach even 100 views per day for a hub. But are about those particular hubs that readers love to read about. Other hubs may even get 1 or worse 0 views per day and that is OK.

16. Lee Hansen profile image77
    Lee Hansenposted 8 years ago

My most popular hub gets less traffic than the same category on my web site. My sites have street cred and plenty of Google history. It's interesting to compare daily traffic during trending periods. The recent flurry of interest in adult coloring pages (a topic I've written about for more than a decade) caused a slight uptick in my related hubs.

17. goego profile image79
    goegoposted 8 years ago

I say two... The first 1 and the last one???

18. AndrewHil93 profile image39
    AndrewHil93posted 8 years ago

30 per day, per hub.

19. paradigm search profile image55
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

"What do you consider to be decent page views for a hub?"

Frankly, how about any hub consistently getting daily views? Personally, that is all that is required to give me that warm, fuzzy feeling. big_smile

As a side note, it is also an indication that even more good things may follow. If a hub is getting daily views, it usually means Google is starting to warm up to it.

I feel the same. Even a few views a month means the hub is still breathing. I'm grateful for it.

20. TheDragonBringer profile image92
    TheDragonBringerposted 8 years ago

For me, any hub that gets less than 50 views a day is still on my "in progress" list. Any with less than 25 is on my emergency care list. I alternate tending my best hubs and low traffic hubs. Then I try to write new hubs, too. Unfortunately, I've been unmotivated because of Google Phantom. But, now that I'm over the roller coaster, I can see that all is not lost.

Keep in mind, I'm niche entrenched. I can expect my regular readers to read new material, IF I keep them happy.

Let me know when you get to 30,000 views a month. I'm doing that with 28 hubs.

1. TheDragonBringer profile image92
        TheDragonBringerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I need more content. Or, to rethink my link structure. Luckily, it's fun researching my niche.

Edit, never mind, I just looked at my stats lol. Wow, now how to double it. I have over 60 hubs tho

Your niche is weird, but who knows..

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Rob, I wouldn't be sharing my traffic. That is when the plagiarist start copying.

Excellent point!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)